• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lifted JK

Kilted XJer

NAXJA Forum User
We lifted a JK at work today... I must say it looks REALLY good. I know this is an XJ forum, but I am personally a lover of all jeeps. We did a 4.5" tuff country lift, 35X12.50-17 Toyo MTs w/ Black and silver MKW wheels (including spare). And to my surprise we did drivelines too. That thing looked gnarly and had plenty of room for flex. I think some 4.5 kits for JKs claim that they can run 37s. I've never seen a lifted JK in person, only in magazines.

-Jeff

One of the guys that bought our base-base-base model rubicon brought it into work a couple days after he bought it from us complete wwth 4.5" lift he had 37's on it, they definately fit if you don't go offroad, but he bought it for his son so it had the 20's with the 37" toyo mt's looked good, I will see if one of our shop guys took a pictures of it.

The new jk is the only new rig I think I could justify buying if I was goign to wheel, there are a few guys online that have 38.50 and 39.50's on them and they look absolutely awesome and from the pictures they post wheel as good as they look.

XJNana said:
We lifted a JK at work today... I must say it looks REALLY good. I know this is an XJ forum, but I am personally a lover of all jeeps. We did a 4.5" tuff country lift, 35X12.50-17 Toyo MTs w/ Black and silver MKW wheels (including spare). And to my surprise we did drivelines too. That thing looked gnarly and had plenty of room for flex. I think some 4.5 kits for JKs claim that they can run 37s. I've never seen a lifted JK in person, only in magazines.

-Jeff

We did a 4" Teraflex with Bilsteins at work on a brand new Rubicon Unlimited just before EJS (yes, it got wheeled). As a matter of fact I think it got dropped off last night so I'll grab some pics today. ;)

You can definitely do 37's on 4.5". Our company JK runs 35's with a set of coil spacers.

At that much lift you basically have to do drivelines if you want to have anything but bad luck with it.

Avanteone said:
IIRC, anything 4"+ on JK's you've gotta do drivelines on. I'd totally run one /w 3-4" lift and 37" Krawlers ;) hehehe

J

Correct. The drivelines on those things are crap to begin with. I think those are still in the shop. I'll get pics of them as well.

Back