• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon T/C in 97XJ?

Jeff-97XJ

NAXJA Forum User
[97XJ, 4.0, AW4, 231J, 3" OME Lift]

My 231J needs rebuilding but I'd prefer to find a Rubicon T/C if it can be installed without any "issues". Bolt lineup, or linkage problems or anything else??

Does anyone have first hand knowledge of bolting in a 241J, or 241OR into a 97 Cherokee?

Lastly, is the 241J and 241OR the same Transfer case??

Appreciate any comments.

Jeff-97XJ

search has knowledge

I have the NV241OR in my 95 with NO mods!

ive been searching for this info only because ive recently gotten my hand on one. should be installing this weekend if it is a bolt on.

I have a AX15/241OR combo in my 98. I use the ORGS/JKS crossmember which puts the 241 close to the floor. I kept the OEM trans mount but switched motor mounts to the new style 'Rawbrown/Rigwerks' mounts, which keep the driveline in place and the transfercase out of the floor.

jjmat3 said:
Does it hit the floor? Is that on an AW4? Also, any problems with shifter handle lining up in stock location?
Nope,doesnt hit anything,no modifying linkages,AW-4!

Is the Rubi T-Case supposed to be better?

dallas xjs said:
the NVG 241 is the 241j which is 4-1....at least all the rubi's at the jeep lot are stamped 241j 4-1
Thats correct!Probably cant read the label but....
nvg241or1.jpg

Last edited:
Ohh.... Sweeeeeet.
Time to start lookin' for totaled rubi's....

Back