• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What size pins should I buy to make my front doors removable?

Just buy bolts with a long enough shank that you can cut off the threads and still have a little extra to install a safety clip!

92391A_200dimension.gif
95390A_200dimension.gif

Or a solution for both if you can find then in the size you need....
ringgrippushbutton.gif

As long as the pins are the correct size the door will never know if they are permanent or removable!

FYI,

I just made mine removable last week and all went well. I used a 1/4" x3" bolt and cut the threads off and tapered the tip to help on installation. The only problem i noticed and i dont know if its mine or all Xjs but the 1/4" bolt fit tight just like factory but in the hinge hole there is a brass mesh bushing. When i tried to install the doors with the actual full weight the new pins caught that bushing and i couldnt get them in the hole at all.

I ended up having to remove that bushing and now when the doors are open they sag a bit due to the hole now being just a hair larger. I just re-adjusted the doors to swing better. They do drag up a bit right before they latch shut.

Other then that mine went just fine.

rocklandxjer said:
by the way, 7mm fits perfectly when the copper sheath is removed [from pre 97] not sure about post 97

Yeah, I already got the 1/4" bolts, cut them down, grinded the tips and weleded them on to the hinge before realizing there was a bushing in there.

I tried the 7mm originally and found it to be two large but I will try them when i make my own tube doors.

Back