• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JKS Quick Disconnects

XJmania030

NAXJA Forum User
I just recived my discos and wondering where you mounted the stoage pins? It says dont use them if you dont have the OEM skid plate. If you got some pictures of where you mounted the stoage pins and how it looks with the sawy bar disconected.

Sorry if it has already been gone over i searched and couldnt find anything.
Thanks

i didnt even put mine on. i just wrap a bunjee or rubber tension strap around the swaybar, disconnect, and hook it on whatever i can find. kinda like the dpg idea. yeah this has been gone over, but at least you did search. http://www.dpgoffroad.com/dpg_products.htm

exactly. i have the eye bolts and stuff, but i just havnt quite installed it yet on mine.

I just made a metal bracket/tab thing and put them on. It's been a year and I'm stuck in Huston so i can't go look exacly but I remember cutting up a heavy shelf bracket and bending a bracket in the vise. Then i drilled it and bolted them on. Worked out well and it must have been easy or I remember.

Stumpalump said:
I just made a metal bracket/tab thing and put them on. It's been a year and I'm stuck in Huston so i can't go look exacly but I remember cutting up a heavy shelf bracket and bending a bracket in the vise. Then i drilled it and bolted them on. Worked out well and it must have been easy or I remember.

That's what I ended up doing with mine as well. I made a bracket for each side and mounted them right behind where the swaybar mounts to the unibody. I just used some flat metal, a hammer and a vise to shape them.

When I had the front skid plate I tried mounting the storage pins to it. There wasn't a place on the skid that the tire wouldn't hit the pins. I finally scrapped the skid plate and made mounts.

I also had mine mounted on the skidplate, but the tyres were rubbing against it so I had to remove them. Ended up making myself a DGP setup.

Back