• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Afton Canyon on Sunday 5/27....who??

tcm glx

NAXJA Member #1033
Ok, so who is doing Afton Canyon on Sunday....can someone post all the details here. I am not going to the HDR, but am interested in Afton...can we get a new thread going?

this is what Mike Rollins said about when and where to meet up on sunday

"Von's parking lot 1270 E. Main St., Barstow, CA 92311 meeting at Sunday 8am leaving at 8:30am and heading to Basin Road. We were later than that last year and would like to better this year."

if you go to www.groups.yahoo.com and look up socalwheeling theres more info posted in there.
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/SoCalWheeling/
EDIT: just remembered you have to be a member of the group to read the posts but not for the run so feel free to ask me questions and Ill try and answer them as best I can

Cool, I am feeling this since I have never done this canyon....what is it like up there?

I may have missed alot, or there is just not alot to do there, but what is there is nice to see. What I mean is we drove through it to get to Mojave Road. We explored some of the caves. There is water there, which for the desert is a sight to see. There is a nice campground and several train bridges. But I did not see alot of side roads or trails within the canyon itself. I would be interested to know If I am wrong though.

floppy said:
I may have missed alot, or there is just not alot to do there, but what is there is nice to see. What I mean is we drove through it to get to Mojave Road. We explored some of the caves. There is water there, which for the desert is a sight to see. There is a nice campground and several train bridges. But I did not see alot of side roads or trails within the canyon itself. I would be interested to know If I am wrong though.
majority is senic but there are some off shoots you can play on from what im told.

Back