• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8in lift = how long driveshaft?

KSXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I will be installing rustys 8in lift soon and a sye. But my question comes to how long of a rear driveshaft I will need?

Also, can I use a driveshaft from the front a wrangler? Is it a double cardian? Its 37in, so would it be cheaper to shorten it than lenthening a stock XJ one?

You won't know the length you need until the lift and SYE are done and you measure.

Even if it were a cookie cutter formula, we would need to know what rear end, what transfer case, what SYE, manual or auto, etc etc..

contact Tom Woods. they will tell you all you need to know.

Wranglers are not CV,they are bolt-up joints(both ends) with a slip-shaft in the middle!

Aw man, go with like some 37s! Because I'm going with 35s this summer (getting them in a week) on about 5.5" of lift and hopefully long arms...

yeah maybe I will once I get the 44 done, but till then I will stay at 35/36. When I get the 44 done is when I will regear so 37s and stock gears would suck. still will suck with 35/36 but not as bad as with 37s. Plus I will be chaning rims when I go to the 44 so I might go with a widder tire then, than I could go with now.

Sorry to mislead you,when you said Wrangler I thought YJ's!

yea but it would not be as reliable as buying one from TW, RE, HighAngle or smiliar

oh a shop, I just got a stick welder a couple months ago and havn't even used it yet. So know, I would not trust myself to even try. just thinking it may be cheaper to shorten than to lenthen one. will have to askt he shop, but wanted to make sure before I did it and it not work. I wouldn't be so happy.

Nice, I think I will be picking up a cheap DD to drive to college and will most likely leave the XJ at home...

Unless I want to take out a loan for a truck and flat tow her until I can get a trailer...

FYI you can use a front DL from a cherokee to use in the rear. I've been doing this for years. Its cheep and if it breake you can have another one made for the price of one TW. The shop out here charges 100$ to have it made. Only broke one on a down hill rock pile

Back