• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

just got a 88 cherokee limited????

XJ2NV

NAXJA Forum User
i just got a cherokee an 88 it is a inline six what is the dirffrence from this and the H.O. motor? it has about 250,000 is that ok? i reallyu dont know how reliable these motors are i got the jeep for 250 is the price ok runs just needs ALL windows and hasnt been registered sence 05 but it is decent leather interior has some rips and headliner was riped up but i replaced it with some black shag fur lol needs a lift and love but just got it thinking about selling for a profit but kinda wanna keep it if it is worth it what you think please respond thanks anthony XJ2NV

:NAXJA:

KRAKER said:
Congrats. When you start workin on it it's really hard to stop. I buy something for mine just about every check. Welcome
Ive spent entire months wages just repairing what I tore up in a weekend of Relaxation :greensmok It becomes a habbit....no more of a obsesion :loveu: next thing you know you have 3 or 4 for parts and you start giving them away to buy the next one :banghead: then this group starts in and you feel like your ok since everyone here does it :) but in reality a little voice in side your head (or im my case a angry wife next to you at the 4X4 store) tells you your an addict and you need help :( Unfortunatly the only help you find is a meet and greet where you see all the parts in person that youve been reading about and they start screaming :wantyou: so you might as well give in and start wrenching :repair: and loving your jeep:loveu:

My name is Dan and Im a jeepaholic :anon:

XJ2NV said:
i just got a cherokee an 88 it is a inline six what is the dirffrence from this and the H.O. motor? it has about 250,000 is that ok? i reallyu dont know how reliable these motors are i got the jeep for 250 is the price ok runs just needs ALL windows and hasnt been registered sence 05 but it is decent leather interior has some rips and headliner was riped up but i replaced it with some black shag fur lol needs a lift and love but just got it thinking about selling for a profit but kinda wanna keep it if it is worth it what you think please respond thanks anthony XJ2NV

The difference is a few HP and ftlbs, nothing to lose sleep over. With 250k it ain't worth IMO much unless it's been impeccably maintained and it's in pretty mint shape. It might go for another 100k or it might die tomorrow, YMMV. You could probably still sell at a profit though, there's an ass for every seat. If the body is nice you could plop a rebuilt motor in there or a junkyard motor with lower miles. or just run it till it quits, your call really. My old one had 230k by the time I junked it and it was still running good but the rear main seal leaked like a sieve (and it leaked even worse after I replaced it, damn thing).

Cherokees are my favorite vehicle ever. I love that boxy look! I even named mine after Boxy the robot on Futurama:
Boxy_%28futurama%29.jpg

I just got an 88 too, 300 bucks, needed smogged and a radiator. Did the shag headliner before ya though. I have slowly collected almost all the parts I need to lift it now. All I need is a SYE and driveshaft and gears....and rollcage.

juryrigjalopy said:
I just got an 88 too, 300 bucks, needed smogged and a radiator. Did the shag headliner before ya though. I have slowly collected almost all the parts I need to lift it now. All I need is a SYE and driveshaft and gears....and rollcage.

And tires, and wheels, and fender flares, and a roof rack, and bumpers, and a wench, and lights, and skid plates, and rocks to break the parts you just put on so you can buy new ones, and a management position at burger king...it only gets better

My name is Dennis and I am a jeepaholic as well...

You all are a bunch of sick bastards!

Who the hell would take a perfectly good family wagon and tear it up?

You all need more than therapy.....maybe medication!

:wierd:

Rick

Leep said:
And tires, and wheels, and fender flares, and a roof rack, and bumpers, and a wench, and lights, and skid plates, and rocks to break the parts you just put on so you can buy new ones, and a management position at burger king...it only gets better

My name is Dennis and I am a jeepaholic as well...

I got some used bfg 32s and steelies, a junkyard gas tank skid, picked up my old confer from the ranch, stock bumpers will work for now......wenches are for pirates....winches are for XXXXXXs.

I have an '88 Limited as well! Like was said earlier, about 20 horsepower and a different injection system is about all that is different. I'm happy with my Renix powered Jeep, as are most who have them. Mine has worked very very well, just got it lifted recently, and it sure is a hell of a lot of fun! For the price you paid for it, i'd consider keeping it and just tuning it up a bit, put a small lift on it and go treat it like you stole it! Welcome to the world of Jeeps, have your checkbook ready ;).

thanks i will try to keep it and get it on the road and the trails for sure..i want it to look hella mean before i drive it tho it will be big i hope

Back