• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HO throttle body on Renix intake?

mattbred

NAXJA Forum User
Hi. I have an '89 cherokee with the Renix engine components. Is it possible to take a throttle body&spacer from a later model (High Output) and just simply slap it onto my manifold? Or Would it not be compatible?

You will need two adapters for that conversion
One allows you to put the HO TB to the manifold
and other one takes care of the TPS (Throttle position sensor)

Both are available from Hesco. www.Hesco.us

If you are doing it just for performance. You can also buy a bored TB for the renix system or you can bore it yourself. Stock is 52 mm you can bore up to 59 mm. Again Ho TB is still bigger

I put a 59mm throttle body on mine, with a borla header, flowmaster and hi-flow cat, 2.5" all the way out.

I see no performance gain at all.

mattbred said:
Hi. I have an '89 cherokee with the Renix engine components. Is it possible to take a throttle body&spacer from a later model (High Output) and just simply slap it onto my manifold? Or Would it not be compatible?
One is a 3-bolt pattern & the other is a 4-bolt pattern, so no it wont just bolt on & like mentioned above the TPS sensors also attach differently.

Yeah you would honestly be better off just putting an HO intake on and run with mismatched head ports. It's a major pain the way you're thinking of doing it.

Thanks for advice guys. This isn't about performance actually, more about the lack of cheap TPS's for my current one..

Back