• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Year & Trim info

rstarch345

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know specifically the year range and models that the XJ had the dual vertical headlights.

I find pictures of them but have not been able to find any of the specifics on the web. I've done all the typical searches using terms that I'm aware of.

xj88_wagoneer_image01.jpg

Thanks, but an additional question.

It's called a Wagoneer but is it an XJ? From what I'm told, there was an actual Cherokee (which is what the picture represents).

Most of the documentation I have is very muddy on this issue and doesn't really clarify the issue of XJ, Cherokee, Wagoneer. Even the parts manuals I have don't even help on that issue.

The compact Cherokee was introduced in '84 so did they make a Wagoneer variant?

rstarch345 said:
It's called a Wagoneer but is it an XJ? From what I'm told, there was an actual Cherokee (which is what the picture represents).

Most of the documentation I have is very muddy on this issue and doesn't really clarify the issue of XJ, Cherokee, Wagoneer. Even the parts manuals I have don't even help on that issue.
Both Cherokees and Wagoneers are XJs. Only the Wagoneers had quad headlights. They also had different taillights (no orange turn signals). There was a Cherokee with woodgrain trim panels; that was the Briarwood trim package. That package did not have the quad headlights. The Briarwood was introduced in 1991 MY with Chrysler's other changes to the XJ. It lasted only a few years (two, I think).

Back