• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help to make Big bear. Please someone...

RWKHausSupply

NAXJA Forum User
Ok well got the front end and rear end completly in, got the on board air all working great, got the arb plumbed, got the tranny pan on, got the radiator in and the power steering cooler in.

Now that I have slaved for the last month to get all this done, Today I went to finialize the steering arms and and got the tierod done, but the draglink knows muphys law and decided to use it.

I am guessing while welding the bungs in the ends I muct have used too much heat and they are not allowing the hiems to screw in. Well kinda. Both started to go in and after about 1/4" of threading in on both sides, they siezed. :skull1:

SO now comes the help part.

I need someone with a large vise that is mounted good. And a map gas torch. And the hard part is a left and right 3/4-16 taps.

please someone...

I would need this tomorrow (thursday) or fri morning.

If nothing else just teh taps would Really help. I should be able to heat the tube up and then untread the hiems I hope. But I need to cut the threads a bit I am sure.

My other option is to but more 1.5x.250 tube and some tube inserts, but thats $ that I dont have these days.

If you can help I REALLY would appreciate it. I am willing drive to where I need to, to get this fixed. I didnt spend all this time rushing so I could make BB only to have a draglink hold me back, ugg.

well the inserts are only like 15$ ea locally, but the tubing is upwards of 70$+ for 3 ft, thats the killer.

Well today at lunch, I will try a map gas torch from work and see if I can even get the hiems out.

If I do then I will just say screw it and use the .120 wall chromoly tube I have at home already and just buy the inserts.

This just sucks. I have the tube all set at the right length and such. Just wish I knew of a machine shop that would help remove the hiems and then run a tap down each end. ugg

Sorry I can't help you with this one Robert.

Is there no machine shops in Yorba Linda? There has to be at least one that will help you out. Yellow pages & let your fingers do the walking.:phone:

If your rig can't make it drive up & you can ride with me but I will not be there till Sat morning cause Serrano is booked.:rattle:

hellbilly04 said:
Sorry I can't help you with this one Robert.

Is there no machine shops in Yorba Linda? There has to be at least one that will help you out. Yellow pages & let your fingers do the walking.:phone:

If your rig can't make it drive up & you can ride with me but I will not be there till Sat morning cause Serrano is booked.:rattle:

well it will get down one way or another.

As for machine shops in YL. Thier a joke. well the ones that know what they have and how to use it are all booked and wont touch it for ? and then the ones that have the equipment but dont know whats going on, well I dont trust or they wont touch it.

I have two out of town that I am going to call this morning though.

As for Surrano. If your camping then your welcome to a portion of my 2 sites. But if your bringing a condo on wheels sorry :cool:

ROBERTK said:
well it will get down one way or another.

As for machine shops in YL. Thier a joke. well the ones that know what they have and how to use it are all booked and wont touch it for ? and then the ones that have the equipment but dont know whats going on, well I dont trust or they wont touch it.

I have two out of town that I am going to call this morning though.

As for Surrano. If your camping then your welcome to a portion of my 2 sites. But if your bringing a condo on wheels sorry :cool:

Would you have room for me to park my tow rig & trailer just for Saturday? With gas prices the condo on wheels is staying home & too girly to camp with out it..

hellbilly04 said:
Would you have room for me to park my tow rig & trailer just for Saturday? With gas prices the condo on wheels is staying home & too girly to camp with out it..

Well theres me and my tow rig, then a buddy and his TJ. but on sat theres John's rig. SO thats 4 right there. Your allowed one each site for free adn 5$ more for one additional veh. But your not allowed more then 2 per site, 4 per double site.

May want to post up in the socalfest forum about needing some parking. You can park out on the street for free though. So maybe the tow rig? And then just find one site that has one spot open for you to park?

ROBERTK said:
Well theres me and my tow rig, then a buddy and his TJ. but on sat theres John's rig. SO thats 4 right there. Your allowed one each site for free adn 5$ more for one additional veh. But your not allowed more then 2 per site, 4 per double site.

May want to post up in the socalfest forum about needing some parking. You can park out on the street for free though. So maybe the tow rig? And then just find one site that has one spot open for you to park?

I'll figure it out, thanks... Now I have to go buy dang CB :smsoap:

Skwerly said:
We will only have one Jeep at our campsite, you are welcome to come park there (spot 98 if I remember right). We are gonna be close to a lot of fires and BEER!

Fire & Beer?? I know where I want to park! :guitar:

Thanks I'll probably take you up on that offer.

you can get heavy wall dom at IMS in irvine, they have tons (literally) of 40" lengths @ 0.89 a pound... in fact they have 1 5/8 .388 wall too.

forcefed said:
you can get heavy wall dom at IMS in irvine, they have tons (literally) of 40" lengths @ 0.89 a pound... in fact they have 1 5/8 .388 wall too.

Not 1"ID (1.5x.25) DOM though, I called and asked, they swore that there is NO DOM in the rem's or scrap. And they wanted 105$ for 4 ft last week. No fin way! Ballistic fabrication was only $85 for 13ft delivered.

ROBERTK said:
Not 1"ID (1.5x.25) DOM though, I called and asked, they swore that there is NO DOM in the rem's or scrap. And they wanted 105$ for 4 ft last week. No fin way! Ballistic fabrication was only $85 for 13ft delivered.

You have to go down there & go out in the back on the rem Rack, that where it's all kept, lower left corner of the rack. The DOM is not in the computer system, See Fred over there as he is the only one that knows what it is.. I think I paid $8 Ft for it when I did my steering.

Back