• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaf Spring Eye Bolts???

Are you sure you HAVE to cut them? I was told I'd probably have to order a set from a dealer, which would no doubt take a few days. I didn't have a few days, so I used an acetaline torch to make two cuts on the wraparound leaf. Dropped the leaf out then cut the bushing out with a utility knife. THEN, jammed a chisel between the slit in the bushing sleeve to get it off. Bolts backed right out of the frame rail after that. The bushing sleeve was the main thing holding them back. Royal PITA but I saved the bolts and the days waiting for a new set. Just an idea.

OK...Here's an update!

I was able to get the passenger side pack off (2 weeks of PB Blaster finally worked)

The problem now is the driver side pack. I can't get the bolt out of the rear eye. The bolt in the front eye is comming along SLOWLY...

I was thinking of just cutting the rear nut and bolt. Where can I get a new nut and bolt?

BTW I am awaiting delivery on my lift kit. Should be here sometime next week! I can't wait!!! (WHT '91...3.5" kit and 32" muds. Gonna cut the fenders and go play!)

Go to your local Jeep dealership and tell them the year of your XJ and that you need a new rear leaf spring eye bolt. They most likely won't have one in-house, but they can order you one from Chrysler and have it in a couple days.

If you have a NAPA around, they have the exact bolt you need.

14mm x 120mm , 2.0 mm pitch
Napa part numbers
2801-273 - bolt
2823-014 - locknut or you can get the regular nut
2808-014 - washer

peleejosh said:
If you have a NAPA around, they have the exact bolt you need.

14mm x 120mm , 2.0 mm pitch
Napa part numbers
2801-273 - bolt
2823-014 - locknut or you can get the regular nut
2808-014 - washer

The napa down the street says thay can order it, but I would have to order to whole box since they don't normally stock it. $80 for a box....I think not! Guess I'll have to go to the yard and try to work one out. Crap!

Back