• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Trail: New Beginnings

djblade311

NAXJA Member # 1474
NAXJA Member
Well all, Nicole and I will be setting a new path or I consider a "New Trail".

She will be induced tomorrow at 6am! So junior will be arriving really soon.

I will post up pics and updates a little later when time permits (who knows when that will be).

See you guys in about 5 years, lol.

The next six months will be interesting, sleepless and full of new experiences like baby poop jetting out all over the changing table but in a year, certainly no later than two he or she will be wheeling right along with you and your wife. Between 12 months and 3 years they travel well. Its between 3 and 5 that it gets difficult. By the time he/she is 7 the kid will be spotting for you and getting driving lessons in 4 LO out in the desert. Its a blast. It was because of my daughter that I got my XJ and we have all had a great time with it.

Hang in there. It tough the first few months, nothing will ever be the same, it will be better in ways you cant imagine today.

John

Welcome to the elite club of fatherhood!

Life will never be the same. That's good and bad. The bad - it's not all about you and Nicole anymore. No taking off on a weekend get-away, without having to find a sitter.

The good - can not be explained. The first smile, giggle, spit-up, coo, and everything else.

If you don't have a digital camera, get one. They grow up so fast. My son will be 3 on Aug 28th!

I took him wheeling last year and he loved it. He has gone a couple of times, but it;s different wheeling with him. You can't just park the Jeep and watch others or take pics. You got change daipers on the trail and have food and drink for them.

The most important advice I can give you - be sure to have date nights and time with Nicole. 2ndly, get the kid on a schedule early and keep him/her on it, no matter what. This is a little tough, but it will pay off in the long run.

Congrats and Good Luck!

Remember when you first told my Nicole was pregnant?
And I told you two the birth date? July 18th.
You don't need to induce labor just to prove me right! :rolleyes:
I also told you that you would be having a girl,
You don't need to bring any sissors to prove me right..if I wasn't!!!!
Good luck my friend....kids are the greatest (did I tell you my son was the Valedictorian?...welll.....did I?:D )
Don't stop wheelin' just because you have a baby, kids LOVE off-roading!
Post up as soon as you can....and give Nicole a hug for me!!
Rick R:sunshine:

congrats and good luck josh. I'll call you when I land in california tomorrow to get the great news in person. :)

-C

HELL I thought you already had the kid......:confused1 CONGRATS !!!
The reason I have the XJ is because my first was born & we wanted a utillity vehicle... now she will be 10 in Sept. and she's been sitting in my lap pointing it up & down washes & dirt roads for a few years now. The boy was born in Nov. of 99 & wheeled in Jan. of 2000 (2.5 mons.) in the Superstitions, what do you expect from a boy named after my first JEEP.... C.J., he to is pointing the rig up & down the washes.... in the ditch, over rocks and bushes.
Robert is right the wheeling takes on a different meaning..... family time out running in the hills doesn't mean finding the toughest hill or hardest line anymore, for me it meant that I need to get my kids into those places that their ancestors traveled and to the places that none of their schoolmates can go and just getting some quality time in with them.
These places are disappearing and I want them to get out and see as much as possible before they can't.
Just go easy on momma for a few months, help as much as possible and just get back out slowly and before long you'll be out in the back country.... the whole family.
Congrats again !!
Curt (The Mayor of Truckhaven)
P.S. Did Rick mention his son was valedictorian ? Thats a proud Pop right there

Right on Josh and Nicole!!! I'll be thinking about you guys while on the job tomorrow.

Looking forward to pics. Congrats to you and your families.party1: party1: party1:

Kyung

P.S. I heard Rick's son was the Valedictorian!! Wow..

Congrats Josh!!! party1:

Hey did you hear Rick's son was valedictorian?

That's awesome Josh. I can't speak from experience, but from what I hear; you're in for some good times. I'm sure everyone agrees with me when I say, let us know if you ever feel like you need a little :helpme:

Best of luck to you guys!!! Hope all went well this morning.

Let us know how it went when you get a second.

Hello all,

thanks to everyone for your support! Happy to introduce to you our baby girl:

Gianna Reese Glasser

main.php

9lbs 2oz
21 in long
14.5 in Head
14 in Chest

Ater 11 hours of labor, we ended up needing a C-Section since the baby's head was too big for Nicole's little body.

NIcole did great during labor! I'm proud of her and my new daughter.

MORE PICS HERE

I just ran home for a bit to upload pics and share the news but I gotta go!

Thanks everyone!

Congratulations!!!!!!! May she look more like her mommy than her daddy ;)

djblade311 said:
Hello all,

thanks to everyone for your support! Happy to introduce to you our baby girl:

Gianna Reese Glasser

main.php

9lbs 2oz
21 in long
14.5 in Head
14 in Chest

Ater 11 hours of labor, we ended up needing a C-Section since the baby's head was too big for Nicole's little body.

NIcole did great during labor! I'm proud of her and my new daughter.

MORE PICS HERE

I just ran home for a bit to upload pics and share the news but I gotta go!

Thanks everyone!

Shaweeeet!!

Kyung

Congrats! Beautiful baby girl Jeeper... Mini-jeepers. She should be just about old enough for November JV run...

Take care of Mommy!!!

Congradulations.

Girls are great. Take good care of mom. Remember it will all even out in a couple of months as the two of you find your way through all the changes. The new normal will be better than the the old ways and you will find a whole new dimension to being a man. Enjoy the next year, it doesnt last near long enough.

John

Congrats on the new addition to the family! My little one just turned 2. They are awesome. Enjoy them while they are young.

Last edited:
Back