• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

This is not my day....@!!!

fuzzydog

NAXJA Forum User
Installing a ford 8.8 with 4.10s, sye tcase, Rusty's 6.5 LA kit and matching 4.10s in the front D30.

rear axle goes in great
tcase goes in great
long arm brackets and crossmember - not so great but got it done.

everything is working against me on the 4.10s for the front. I have the R&P and new carrier.
order a master install kit- they give me a "quality gear" brand and although it sez its the right one on the box, the stuff inside is clearly not for a D30. axle seals are different size and too big, ring gear bolts too big, no oil baffle, etc, etc. bearings are right size though. going to deal with that today.

also got some u joints for the front axles. partslady looked it up by application - 1990 jeep cherokee ltd and gave me precision 365 joints.
took the old ones out last night and they are much bigger than the replacements. looked on the internet and the 365 joints are the right ones for my jeep. what is up with that???? I am the 3rd owner of my jeep and before me it was a total pavement princess - no mods PERIOD.

Anyone know why it would have bigger ujoints and what they would be?

I'll bring the old u joint to the FLAPS - they say Spicer R85 on them, there is also a 20 and looks like F1. no luck cross refing that on the net.

fuzzydog said:
ah ha! She never asked me if I had ABS!!!!@#$%$^!!!

Yep that would be the difference. You want 297's or 760's

Hang in there

Rob

Back