• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bumper Time

SpazMoid

NAXJA Forum User
So I started today on my Bumpers. The front one i'll do later, but the rear one is now complete.

I used 4x4 3/8 tube. Welded it together and put some caps on the ends. Used the stock mounting brackets from the rear bumper + some added supports to the frame rails.

Later I'll be cutting in on the far sides of the bumper to add in 2 3000lbs Winches. They will fit perfectly flush inside the 4" bumper. I also was able to grab another hitch, but mount in farther in towards the front of the vehicle so it doesn't stick out as much. I do think this bumper sticks out a bit far, but it is very nice in the fact that it is really easy to get up top on my rack, now it acts more as a step. Plus i'm going to add some rear light guards, which will be easy to make. Heres some photo's. I'll get finished shots tommorow after paint goes on. Might also build some swing away gas can holders for the rear. I'm getting really tired of people tailgating me.... maybe with some RED GAS CANS on the back they will back off LOL

P4090008.jpg

P4090009.jpg

P4090010.jpg

P4090011.jpg

P4090012.jpg

P4090013.jpg

That thing is Beefy. Where can I get one of them?

K

The shackles i'm going to ad later, But shackles arn't really needed as I have a Hitch right underneath that you can't see.

I thought about the corners, but heres the thing. I was going to cut out a rectangle on both ends, to add my 2 3000lbs winches. If I angle the corners, then the winches will have to be recessed farther in towards the middle. Plus i'm also going to make some rear tail light gaurds. I shot it with a thin layer of black primer to just keep it from rusting. I'll add more and make some modifications soon

The metal + Cuts was about $80.00 Its really thick metal. Had I gone with something a bit less, it would have been closer to $50

Megawatt - No i havne't recieved a PM from you

The way I see it is this.

1st, I'm a retard, and the Looks Count for about 80% So 2 look better than 1 centered. LMFAO

2nd, I've been in many situations by myself that it woudl have been very nice to have a winch in the rear.

Also being in the search and rescue, it would be nice sometimes to be able to move fallen trees on the forest service roads while out on a run. Having one on either side would give pulling power from side to side.

SpazMoid said:
The way I see it is this.

1st, I'm a retard, and the Looks Count for about 80% So 2 look better than 1 centered. LMFAO

2nd, I've been in many situations by myself that it woudl have been very nice to have a winch in the rear.

Also being in the search and rescue, it would be nice sometimes to be able to move fallen trees on the forest service roads while out on a run. Having one on either side would give pulling power from side to side.
Where are they going to go? On the far corners? Seems kinda exposed and vulnerable to me.

-----Matt-----

Blkxjkrawler said:
Plus, he can run them with 4 snatch blocks each and have 48,000 pounds of pull :shocked:

Meh. Just go for one of these. Might be kinda slow running off the power steering pump, though. :)

Back