• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

zj front shaft ?????? PLZ HELP !

xjeepaholik

NAXJA Forum User
what shaft is the popular one that some of you run on the back of your XJ's .. I have been talking to a salvage yard guy and he says there are 4 different shafts for the Zj's 1 (AT), 6 Cyl, w/CV jnt
2 (AT), 6 Cyl, w/o CV jnt

3 (AT), 8 Cyl, CV jnt style Fr yk
4 (AT), 8 Cyl, U-jnt style Fr yk any help on this will be really helpfull , cause my junk is only FWD rights now ...:rattle:

xjeepaholik said:
what shaft is the popular one that some of you run on the back of your XJ's .. I have been talking to a salvage yard guy and he says there are 4 different shafts for the Zj's 1 (AT), 6 Cyl, w/CV jnt
2 (AT), 6 Cyl, w/o CV jnt

3 (AT), 8 Cyl, CV jnt style Fr yk
4 (AT), 8 Cyl, U-jnt style Fr yk any help on this will be really helpfull , cause my junk is only FWD rights now ...:rattle:

I would have to say #1. But not 100% on that one. I'm using an XJ front DS out of a 6cyl, auto.

-J

^ thats what I have. From what looking and web wheeling I did the shaft from an XJ is the same from a matching drivetrain ZJ. I am running 4" and have room for at least another inch of lift before I'd even consider getting it lengthened.

Back