• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend wrenching

karstic

NAXJA Forum User
Time to install the Vanco Disc Brake kit up front, replace the ball joints, install some lower bumpstops and JKS discos.

Starting Friday night and finishing up on Saturday.

call me when you finish the ball joints, then I'll come over. haha.

Shit...I might even start working on the junk this weekend....I should do something about the back window....maybe some fresh wax....I do have those Lincoln disks to put on, but the drums work fine.....maybe some body work....maybe... :D

Rick

djblade311 said:
call me when you finish the ball joints, then I'll come over. haha.

Got any tips?

xL8 APEKSx said:
What city are you in?

Uh, Fullerton?

Just being a smart ass, wherd o you live in HB? My office is at Bolsa Chica and Warner.

karstic said:
Got any tips?

see if autozone will rent you a ball joint press its a beeyotch to beat em out
images

You need that special angled adapter to make it easier. I think Remi has one.

Tip on the ball joints. When it's being stubborn to come out (and the lowers will) simply pound on the C of the clamp with a hammer while hitting it with impact. Your goal here isn't to drive it out with the hammer (so don't wail on it), the vibration just helps the calmp do it's job (When I first did a job I tried for a long time with my impact and the pressure cranked up to about 300psi, when hitting with the hammer I was able to pull it with just 120psi of air on the impact).

As for me - I should be working on the M416 this weekend, we'll see if that happens...

GrimmJeeper said:
see if autozone will rent you a ball joint press its a beeyotch to beat em out
images

I've got the BJ press from HF, will that one work?

Stephan,

I've got the special adapter for our jeeps in my BJ kit. Maybe I can swing on by Friday after work.

Kyung

where in the hell do I get a "BJ" kit at? and whats her name? :D

djblade311 said:
where in the hell do I get a "BJ" kit at? and whats her name? :D
Go find your own. You can name her whatever you want.

GrimmJeeper said:
and why do we need a special adapter for our junk?

life is so unfair!
Makes it much easier to press in the new ball joints.

Kyung

karstic said:
She's gone from suck to blow.

I guess you had the combination:

1-2-3-4-5

"that's combination an idiot would have on his lugage".....

Seriously Stephan, borrow Remi's adapters, bang on the C, and spray some PB Blaster or other lube.

Good Luck!

Back