• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Overload spring

Dan1990XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have recently started towing with my 95 xj and would like a way to keep the rear from sagging as much. Does anyone know of a way to either purchase or scavange something to use as an overload spring? And also I am not looking to lift the truck just help the rear when the trailer is hooked up and look stock when it is not hooked up. Thanks in advance. -Dan

a helper spring to help with the overload problem, or you can look at the monroe shocks that have coils over them to help with heavy loads. A few people here have had good success with those.

OME heavy constant load springs work great but will boost the back up about 2", so prepare to lift the front a little to level it. I've got the OME hd rears with Treaflex ext shackles and OME med duty fronts with ACOS coil adjusters. You wouldn't have to lift yours as much as I did mine, Its about 4" total now but with no lift at all the springs alone will raise it about 2". I don't like th booster shocks, they put undo stress on spots not intended for it like the cross member that the shocks are bolted to. I tried everything and the OME springs are the only thing I've been satisfied with so far.

jeepboatsideview2lr.jpg

Last edited:
Back