• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wrenchin today

djblade311

NAXJA Member # 1474
NAXJA Member
If anyone is intererested, I'll be working on my rear discs today. Could use a hand here and there. I have beer.

5134 W 1 st st
Santa Ana, CA

Having an early Easter lunch with the folks this afternoon. But I'll try to swing by afterwards.

And I'll bring the Jeep, in case you need to reference my rear brakes.

Last edited:
djblade311 said:
If anyone is intererested, I'll be working on my rear discs today. Could use a hand here and there. I have beer.

5134 W 1 st st
Santa Ana, CA

Are you doing the Lincoln set up?
If so.....do a good job and I might let you work on mine too!
;)

Good luck, I am spending the day working on the tow rig....
fun fun!
Rick

its the zj setup.

anyone local to Santa Ana have a good power drill? My cordless batteries are dead and dont charge fast enough....

djblade311 said:
its the zj setup.

anyone local to Santa Ana have a good power drill? My cordless batteries are dead and dont charge fast enough....

Dude! You should have called me. I have that big Craftsman (1/2 drive) drill you used for your knuckles. You are welcome to it again if you still need it.

:callme:

So is it done?

Kyung

Yes...it is done. :) We went to Sears to get a drill.

its all done. Thanks to Johnny for coming over and helping and driving me around town. I ended up buying a drill because I knew I would use it again.

It ws my first time removing and reinstalling the EZ locker myself.

Once I had the decent drill, it went much faster increasing the axle tube holes on the backing plates. Over all it was pretty

The discs do seem to make a difference though my fronts lock up before the rears do. I havent really tried very hard to lock them all up since it was getting late and didnt want to be obnoxious with screaming tires.

You want your fronts to lock up before the rears. Just a little..

Kyung

couple o pics:

discbrakes+006.jpg

Stock diff cover had it:
discbrakes+003.jpg

New Ruffstuff HD cover:
discbrakes+007.jpg

8.25 unshaved lip.
discbrakes+008.jpg

Shaved. Now it looks like a turdy 5:
discbrakes+009.jpg

looks good dude

EliasJ123 said:
Cool.. How long did it take you in total, not including the trips to the store??

Elias

I didnt really keep track of how much time we spent driving around and me eating dinner. We spent some extra time and had to reseal the diff cover because the bolts were being a little difficult at first and the sealant dried too quickly. The part that took the longest was reaming the backing plates with a slow drill going dead and putting the locker back in. Once we had the new drill, it went much quicker on reaming the other side.

I would say it took about 6 hours for all of it. steps included:
1. Removing wheels
2. remove diff cover
3. remove cross pin, passenger c-clip, then removing locker and driver c-clip
4. pull shafts
6. remove old brakes and ebrake cables
7. ream the backing plates and mount them
8. install ebrake hardware
9. reinstall shafts, locker, c-clips, and cross pin
10. install rotors, pads, and hook up brake lines
11. hook up new ebrake cables
12. bleed brakes
13. reinstall diff cover
14. adjust ebrakes
15. enjoy

karstic said:
Don't paint that thing. Kyung needs company.
Yeah. Thanks for standing up for me Stephan. Give it a couple months and it will match my rock rails perfectly.

Kyung

Back