• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

90 XJ Laredo Keyless Entry

Fire54

NAXJA Forum User
I am wondering if any of you could help me out. I have a stock 1990 xj Laredo with keyless entry. I was working on my fog lights and found to wires wrapped in electical tape in the engine compartment on the drivers side one is purple and one is red. They did not appear to be attched so I moved them out of the way. Now my jeep won't start. I traced them through the fire wall to a quick connect withe the rest of the alarm components. I looked in the hayes manual and it appears they are suppose to connect to a 30 AMP breaker. The only problem is there are 2 or 3 30 AMP breakers were the wires were laying and they all appear to already be connected to something. These wires being disconnected still allow me to use the remote to lock and unlock the doors however the alarm and and jeep are inop. Can anyone help? :explosion

it sounds like u trigered the theft deterent, its a relay that should be under the dash, u just have to reset the alarm, dont ask me how ask the dealer.

Back