• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vacuum switch to electronic switch on 231 TC

onupolarbear

NAXJA Forum User
I am fitting a 231 from a YJ to my XJ. Can I replace the vacuum activated 4wd indicator switch fom the YJ's TC with my electronicially activated 4wd indicator switch? Is the diameter and thread of the hole the same?

onupolarbear said:
I am fitting a 231 from a YJ to my XJ. Can I replace the vacuum activated 4wd indicator switch fom the YJ's TC with my electronicially activated 4wd indicator switch? Is the diameter and thread of the hole the same?
Don't quote me on this but I am about 99% sure the answer to your question is yes. Today I put the vacuum switch from my 1990 into my "new to me" 1991 T-Case that used to have the electronic switch. The thread pattern was the same, the hole was in a different location I believe, but it was the same physical size, thread, etc.

I swapped from a 242 with the electrical switch to a 231 with the vacuum switch. The threads were longer on the 242's switch, but it still fit in there, I just could only screw it in halfway before it jammed up in the t-case, so I put some silicone around the threads. My 4wd Full Time light is on all the time now though..

Back