• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Flare seams

Joker2669

NAXJA Forum User
I cut my fenders up to fit my 33's I was walking in TSC and saw trailer fenders. I've figured out a solid way to mount them up front but not to cover up the 90* seam between the flare and the fender..
Any ideas?

TIA

DSC06510.jpg

DSC06511.jpg

DSC06512.jpg

Cab't believe I never thought of that, Good Idea!
How about trimming whats left of the fender to make the flare sit flush, might have to bend the flare out a little. from a U to a \_/, catch my drift?

yep I know what you mean. The flare will be widened from tip to tip and the fenders will be recut to make a more linear shape to match up with the flat sides of the flare, so yeah that's the plan so far. I've got the idea to mount it and everything.. but i am just concerned about the hard 90* it will make, the flare sitting against the fender. it's not rubber or plastic, so it won't mold the shape quite so easily.. that's what I think I"m trying to get at here, is how to soften the "bow" in the fender that's not in the flare..

unless....

you guys think rivets will suck the fender into the flares straight line..??

I would cut the fender to the shape of the flare leaving 1/2" extra. Then I would make some relief cuts and bend the fender to 90 degrees inward and start attaching the "flare" there. Then I'd run a couple of bracing legs from the inside of the "flare" to the inner fender wall.

yeah I'm thinking about braces to the inner fender wall too. not sure what I want to use... the only thing i can think of... tube... but then worries come to mind, smacking a tree or something that pushes the fender in means a tube in my engine compartment... hmmm

Id not use tube, I'd use a little metal rod, like what pickups have holding the bed side from flopping around have.

I'm talking out my arse here but how about threaded rod. Drill a hole in the inner fender use a washer and nut on both side, then on the other side run the rod through the fender and the flare and use nuts on both sides. I thought about using those last year when I got my Hi lift but my jeep didn't have any chrome so i thought it would look funny. Post finished pics of your work.

I'd just use silicon, I can't think of anything that would blend the fender and flare together very well, seeing as the flare is mounted inside the wheel well.
Good idea though.

Tonights progress: Went shopping for some dremel cut-off wheels, and angle-aluminum. I only just learned the proper way to use rivets on the second fender(driver side)... the pass. fender has them tight, then cut the stick pieces..:doh:

DSC06515.jpg

DSC06516.jpg

DSC06517.jpg

DSC06519.jpg

DSC06518.jpg
I'm hoping to get them mounted tomorrow after I PASSSS emissions.. maybe they can tell me why I"m getting shitt mileage.. like 8??

yeah it was 9.5 when i filled up today.. and I passed emmisons.. had to buy a gas cap, though.. and the flares are mounted.. I have some night shots I'll post.. I'm going to take ones in the day tomorrow.. hard to really get a good shot at night.
DSC06520.jpg

DSC06522.jpg

DSC06527.jpg

DSC06525.jpg

Looks kinda "MadMax" to me. Will definately do a good job of keeping the tires covered though.

Dude... the scary face in your windshield is really freaking me out.

Back