• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A/C issues

Whiskeythrottle

NAXJA Forum User
When I turn on the ac the rpms rise like normal but the clutch doesn't engage neither does the fan. I took it down and had the pressures checked and they said it was good. Does anyone have any ideas on this I don't know much about ac systems. Oh and its a 92 if that matters. And on a side note the cruise control went the same day as the ac so I would assume its electrical??

Thanks,
Dave

Last edited:
have u checked fuses, relays, or even if there is power getting to the compressor?

Check for power going to the compressor clutch for one. If you've got power there, run a wire from the clutch to battery +, if the clutch doesn't engage, it's shot.

If you don't have power at the clutch, check the low pressure switch, fuses, relays, wiring, etc.

I should have mentioned that I have jumped the wire from the ecu to the relay and the compressor came on. I have heard that the ecu gets its input from various switches so I will have to get a schematic and go from there unless any of you have had this problem? It appears that the ecu is not sending the signal to the relay so I will have to find out why.

Thanks again,
Dave

Just ran across your post looking for something else. Use a wire to jump the low pressure switch if clutch engages, go by a new low pressure switch. Usually what happens if your pressure is fine.
Chris

Back