• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

brakeline trouble! any help...

Jimbo_1321

NAXJA Forum User
so I got these lines from rustys just the other day and was getting ready to put them in. luckily I checked over them before I put them in and noticed something weird... on the part that mounts to the caliper, the hole sizes are different.
will this make a huge problem? I'm guessing it will... here's some pics for some visuals. thanks for any help!
the lines....
CIMG1444.jpg

the two holes.... notice the size differences....
CIMG1443.jpg

again thanks for any help!

I would say that, yes, it will make a difference. BTW, Ive never seen front brake lines with rectangular banjo fittings, weird.

IMHO, another reason to avoid Rusty's. The evidence just keeps adding up. Again, that's the way I feel about Rusty's. Mail order or Internet sales should make life easier, not more difficult. Q&A with online sales is suffering because of the faceless nature of the internet. :(

:anon:

In defense of Rustys or any other retail supplier, I doubt he makes his own brake lines. He probably ordered them from someplace and they came in a big box, possibly already tied or bagged together as pairs. He just tossed them in a box and shipped them off. What are the chances that anyone at Rustys or any other retailer thought to compare holes before shipping them? To tell the truth, I dont even remember comparing holes in mine before I installed them, for all I know, mine could be the same way.
I just saying that you may have come down a little hard on him for this one. this could easily be a vendor error that couldve gotten by any retailer.

xjtrailrider said:
I used the Goodridge SS brand front lines from Quadratec, they do not list them for the XJ but the TJ lines work just fine.

I used YJ Goodridge SS hoses on mine.

Its been awhile but I think I ordered mine from RE but the PN on the box was for ProComp if I remember right. Who knows what your getting or where it came from anymore.

The part number at ProComp would likely be whatever Crown put on it since they make seemingly 99% of the aftermarket brakelines being sold in the offroad business.

John90XJ said:
The part number at ProComp would likely be whatever Crown put on it since they make seemingly 99% of the aftermarket brakelines being sold in the offroad business.

Could be. The box actually said ProComp , followed by a PN. The lines themselves had tags with a different number. Crown probably supplies several retailers, the ones I got just happen to be in a ProComp box.
Or RE stuck them in whatever box they had laying around that they fit in.

That was my point about Rustys. However you feel about Rustys, in a situation like this, it would be presumptious to blame a retailer.

I agree it's kinda disingenuous to blame him for something he never looked at.

Back