• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AIR LOCKERS....peoples setups.

xjridin

NAXJA Forum User
the gf is getting a rubi 44 with the locker, i know that a solenoid has to be used to run the air through to the locker and then keep pressure there to keep it locked. any other routes people have used to do this besides the ARB compressor and solenoid kit? ALSO any pictures of peoples lines and how they routed it all? thanks

A few days ago a good post on this over at Pirate. Good Luck

I use a quickair II pump and a 2.5 Gal tank with a solenoid controled by a switch on the dash. Tank and compressor mounted on the rear deck, Lines run down the drivers side with the fuel and brake lines. Pretty straightforward. I did sheath the plastic line inside some fuel hose for added protection.

I'm trying to do the same thing. The axel has a switch of some kind and the factory pump has a pump motor and a solinoid valve that I was told is used to relieve the pressure so it will bleed down and un lock. Jeepsareus claims to have the factory dash switch and wireing but they don't ansewer the phone. I would just like to find a diagram. I didn't find the pirate thread.

I use the ARB compressor, but here is some pics of how I ran my airlines to the diffs.

Rear runs along the gas and brake lines on the inside rail of the unibody. Then it goes down attached to the brake line to the axel
100_0503.jpg

Front come out of the engine compartment and down next to the drivers side upper arm. Some slack is in the line for flexing.

100_0502.jpg

I just got off the phone with jeepsareus and they are sending me the factory harness that goes between the diff switch and compressor and she is also sending a schematic diagram of the whole setup with the factory dash switch. You can buy the stuff for them or I can send you the diagrams shes sends me when I get them. The upper air tube on the diff is for the air locker and the lower one is for the breather vent. The only factory solinoid is on the factory compressor used as a vent she said but I was told they also had a solinoid under the hood. She disagreed so I will wait to see the schematic. It's a head ach but a lot cheaper than an ARB locker.

Back