• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ticking sound under jeep.

RyanM

NAXJA Forum User
Ive been trying to get to the bottom of this noise. It started only into turns. sounds like i have a baseball card clipped to my bike spoke, sound increasing with rotation. Same sound regardless of applying brake or not. Reverse and Foward.

At first i thought the hub was not fully disengaged. when jacking up the vehicle with the wheels turned, i spun both front tires. No sound. Im starting to think it could be coming from under the jeep, and i think its in the front.

It just started raining so i will have to look at the rear driveshaft and rear in later or tomarrow. Detroit front and rear, not that it matters in front, the hubs ARE disengaged. Any ideas?

do you still have that fabric/rubber dust sheild under your rig? I have dealt with similar sounds on a variety of vehicles & sometimes that is the culprit. Hope this helps!

i just had to replace a front hub/bearing in mine.. made the same kind of sound, like a baseball card on spokes, real loud it was almost hard to tell which side it was comin from.. it wouldnt do it until i hit about 30 then it made noise until i stopped.. it didnt make any noise when i spun the wheels by hand.... think it cost around 90$

original bearings from the warn kit. looked good last time i had it apart. they may be worn, off to pull em off.

how loud is it? I ran mine on stands and my ticking is coming from the t-case. I mostly notice mine when the sound reflects off of something though. I'm running it til it slips a couple times.

Back