• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

so i am here now

Bentonedge

NAXJA Forum User
so i finaly made it. but the jeep did not liek the drive at all. i hade a good 700 lbs in the the back not to mench the 24 hours stright drive do to a overnight in the north due to a cooling issue. which i now get to fix now that i am here.
what i think about so cali so far.

traffic sucks
no real layout to the roads
nice beach
so far nice people.
traffic sucks
it very hot out right now lord save me come summer.
and it is sunning.

i am kidna getting the feel for it. i am looking forward to meeting up with a lot fo you. i see a few lifted xjs on miramar but no one has waved to me. i have bright green kayak on the roof. i stand out. why no jeep wave. oh well

and can't wait to meet ya'll.

Well welcome to Cali. Yeah the traffic sucks but you'll learn the times to drive and times to stay off the major freeways. I always try stiking to driving at night. Its a little hot but it will get A LOT hotter especially down in the SD area. Im down there a lot ill make sure to shoot you a wave. There is a layout to the roads. You'll get used to it. Anyways WELCOME! have fun here, its a great place.
-Allen

I drive by Miramar everyday so I'll keep my eyes peeled for ya. :clap: Jeep waves are rare, so much traffic tends to keep you focused on the flow of things rather than spotting other Jeeps... either that or most are street wheelers. :)
This coming weekend is a big run at Johnson Valley: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=908488 . All kinds of stuff to do out there, can you make it? There's always empty seats available if you wish.

-Ron

What about the 91? LOL but yes i think every other freeway but the 91 follows hollywood32s tip.

Welcome to SoCAL! Its vacationland here with palm trees and all that jazz. I moved here with my wife from Chicago and we cope with the traffic but still love it here...especially for wheeling

swbooking said:
What about the 91? LOL but yes i think every other freeway but the 91 follows hollywood32s tip.

The 110 is another exception. :)

hollywood32 said:
Welcome to SoCal, First a general rule of thumb, if freeway ends in a odd number then it runs North and south, even runs east and west, Traffic suckage is pretty much a constant, and it will get lots hotter.
Generally, that is true nationwide.

thanks. yeah i am learning things here. i wish i could make it this weekend but ihave a weekend planned with the boys. and it is a weekend of drinking in the gaslamp district. but the next one.

Welcome to So Cal Bentonedge. Keep a eye on the posts. Always something going on. :wave:

welcome!! did you get settled in the miramar/mira mesa area?? if so, i'm a stone's throw away

Bentonedge said:
it very hot out right now lord save me come summer.

Welcome to Socal! You'll want to buy a chainsaw come summer. They come in handy for cutting off a chunk of air when you need to breathe.

TIM

BTW, It's nice of you to come all the way out here to help us win.
:D

Traffic? What traffic?
There is not a stop light within 50mi. of my place...
And if you think its hot now....visit me in July...
Now stop your lame complaining and enjoy.

:D

Rick

Bentonedge said:
thanks. yeah i am learning things here. i wish i could make it this weekend but ihave a weekend planned with the boys. and it is a weekend of drinking in the gaslamp district. but the next one.

You have chosen poorly. :)

There will be lots of gas, lamps, and drinking where we are .. not to mention jeeps, dirt, meat, jeeps, dirt .. and a couple of rocks here and there.

Yeah, I will agree with Cal. Desert season is nearing an end, inhospitable temps are arriving soon(See how heatstroke has made Rick a bunghole!). The Gaslamp is always open. ;) :)

-Ron

swbooking said:

That rule only applies to the US Interstate system.

The problem is with street layout, you're in San Diego, so the roads follow topography, usually canyon bottoms and ridgetops. You're not in Kansas anymore, Michigan in your case, so all bets are off a far as city layout goes on a the PLSS.

karstic said:
That rule only applies to the US Interstate system.

Like I said, the 110 is an exception. It was state highway 11 for decades. Then it became part of the Interstate system, and they renamed it the 110. But it runs north/south.

Back