• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Got my new Jeep!

johnnyc

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Finally saw a new listing in the Autotrader website. Luckily, I had the day off today. I was so confident that I would buy this Jeep, I took the Amtrak up to L.A., then the subway to Sequoia's office. Then we went to look at the Jeep a few minutes away.

It's a white 98 SE 2-door 4WD with 119K miles. It was a former Edison vehicle. It was pretty clean with only minor things wrong, like a missing AC vent. And the trackbar is a little loose. Clean engine and tranny with none of the inherent XJ leaks (yet).

Thanks to Sequoia's smooth talking and considerable acting skills, I was able to get the Jeep for $2800.

Plus, I'll be able to sell the HP D30, 29-spline 8.25, and 231 t-case to offset the cost even more.

It drove very smoothly on the way home. But I did find out that the driver's seat is broken and squeaks quite a bit. Can you say Mastercraft? :)

Anyway, I'm excited to have a new Jeep. Thanks to everyone who sent me potential leads. And special thanks to Sequoia.

Let the insanity begin!

xjohnnyc said:
Finally saw a new listing in the Autotrader website. Luckily, I had the day off today. I was so confident that I would buy this Jeep, I took the Amtrak up to L.A., then the subway to Sequoia's office. Then we went to look at the Jeep a few minutes away.

It's a white 98 SE 2-door 4WD with 119K miles. It was a former Edison vehicle. It was pretty clean with only minor things wrong, like a missing AC vent. And the trackbar is a little loose. Clean engine and tranny with none of the inherent XJ leaks (yet).

Thanks to Sequoia's smooth talking and considerable acting skills, I was able to get the Jeep for $2800.

Plus, I'll be able to sell the HP D30, 29-spline 8.25, and 231 t-case to offset the cost even more.

It drove very smoothly on the way home. But I did find out that the driver's seat is broken and squeaks quite a bit. Can you say Mastercraft? :)

Anyway, I'm excited to have a new Jeep. Thanks to everyone who sent me potential leads. And special thanks to Sequoia.

Let the insanity begin!

Bitch, congrats. Is the NP231 spoken for?

Congrats! So when is the working party???

You can always use my garage & driveway.

I think that you should take it on a farewell wheeling trip though: get a trailer, tow it up to JV or someplace and wheel the hell out of it for a day!

slowrider said:
:D Hammer time!
mchammer.jpg

Congrat's on the new donor Jeep...
Let me know if you need help!!

I have AC in my garage... don't know if it works yet but it is there

Thanks guys for the offer of labor and facilities. I'll have to figure out a good time for the swap party.

Remi - did you find that AC vent?

Rick - still want the carcass?

I'm gonna do some small stuff this weekend, like the stereo, XM, CB, FIPK, Red Top, and such.

Does anybody have any stock LCAs with good bushings laying around? Mine are shot, and don't want to put my REs on yet.

Also, does anyone know if a 96 rear soundbar will fit on the 98?

Johnny,
Congrats on the new project! I have a set of stock LCA's off of a '98, I'll check the bushing and get back to you. I can bring them up to Scott's next weekend.
Ken

Kejtar said:
How many would you like? :D

Ummm...I believe I would need two (?).

Thanks Ken, but Remi is closer and I don't know if I could stand the clunking for a whole week. :)

Back