• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone know where to find a lift for this?

Lady XJ

NAXJA Forum User
My new tow rig. I cannot find a lift anywhere............

TruckSM.jpg

2006 Doge Durango Limited 4x4 with 5.7 Hemi LOADED

I'd lower it!

I know the older ones ran torsens...what does this one use?

Lady XJ said:
My new tow rig. I cannot find a lift anywhere............

TruckSM.jpg

2006 Doge Durango Limited 4x4 with 5.7 Hemi LOADED
LOL grandma got a granny car lol I agree with John only lift if you dont have a warrenty or if you dont like having one

its interesting that this doesnt have 9.25. It has only a 8.25 but i'd lift it about 3 inches.

Minivans with Hemi's - gotta love it! i think this is your favorite pic... is there anywhere you HAVEN'T posted it?!

either way - i'm glad you and mike were there to pull me out - and i have real tow hooks on the way so i don't have to use my axle ever again :D
i learned my lesson!

JohnX said:
I wouldn't....unless you don't have a warranty.
Rollins said it would only affect the parts I put on, soooooooo.....what do you all know that I don't? Because I have 8 year 100,000 bumper to bumper war. on it.

Yes, this photo REALLY does make it look like a mini van, but.....I LOVE this truck! It moves, eats a lotta gas, spits out the cars/trucks/vans that try to run you off the road. Oh, and it pulled Stephen out of the hole he dug, what could be better than that? :p

Stephen, no, I don't think I missed posting it anywhere !!! LOL Rollins took this photo and it is the ONLY one I had, until the work party, then I got a parking pose, woo hoo! LOL

Okay, does anyone know the largest tire that would fit? If I cannot do the lift, besides, I dont think there is one yet!

Thank you:)

Looks to be just a torsion lift. Essentially swapping the factory keys with differently indexed keys for the front, Usually they dont do much to the rears, sometimes lift blocks, but since they are calling it a "leveling kit" i'm assuming it will only include stuff to raise the front.

The only problem with these types of lifts is the fact that it may have a negative effect on the ride. It essentially places more preload on the torsions once they've been cranked. The keys being indexed differently lessen that a bit, but the should only give you 1-1.5", and 3" when fully cranked.

Ideally you'd find a lift kit that lowered the IFS down some. This would leave your bars uncranked and would provide a much better ride along with giving you ample room for more tire. I'm unaware of anyone who makes that type of lift for the durangos

I'd hit up a durango msg board.

Lady XJ said:
Rollins said it would only affect the parts I put on, soooooooo.....what do you all know that I don't?

I don't know much....But I have seen (more than one person) first hand who modified their vehicle and was screwed on the warranty because of it.

For instance....Friend with Camaro, installed 4.10 gears...warranty on rear end, trans, driveshaft, clutch, AND engine were voided. He had trouble with one gear in the trans at 20k miles....they wouldn't touch it and told him not to bring it back for any of those "related" items either.

I also know someone that has a full size dodge truck, lifted it a few inches and runs 33's...no more warranty on motor, gears, axles, trans, any suspension component (even the stuff he didn't change).

You may never run into those types of problems...but it just doesn't seem worth the risk to me.

On a side note...If you are going to use it as a tow rig, lifting and larger tires will hinder your performance in several ways.

But it looks cool.

JohnX said:
I also know someone that has a full size dodge truck, lifted it a few inches and runs 33's...no more warranty on motor, gears, axles, trans, any suspension component (even the stuff he didn't change).

california law wont let them deny his drivetrain warranty because of suspension and tire changes, tell him to call a lawyer if they are telling him he cant have something fixed under warranty:exclamati

GrimmJeeper said:
california law wont let them deny his drivetrain warranty because of suspension and tire changes, tell him to call a lawyer if they are telling him he cant have something fixed under warranty:exclamati

Now, I've heard this before also; but where is it in the books? Or is this just a "well, my friends' friends' neighbor's brother in-law is a cop and told him" kind of things?

TheWarWagon said:
Now, I've heard this before also; but where is it in the books? Or is this just a "well, my friends' friends' neighbor's brother in-law is a cop and told him" kind of things?

my buddy at work has a brand new f250 turbo diesel that he put a 8" lift on with 37s. one of the hoses on his turbo keeps blowing off so he took it to the dealer and when he picked up the truck and asked how much, the tech told him it was under warranty. he was surprised and said but the truck is lifted and has big tire, i thought that voided all the drivetrain warrantys. the tech said nope, warranty is only void on the suspension because it has been modified, and california law now requires us to maintain the warranty on the parts that havent been modified or changed.

i havent seen it on the books, but i took him to pick up the truck, and i was there when the tech guy told him. i too have heard this before and was skeptical ( ive never owned a vehicle that had a "warranty" lol) but hearing it from the service tech at the ford dealer i am inclined to believe him, those guys dont mess around :D

-mike

it's called the magnusson moss warranty act. you can read all the legal mumbo jumbo on the ftc's site about it, but the sema page puts it in plain english

http://www.sema.org/main/semaorghome.aspx?ID=50096

Federal law sets forth requirements for warranties and contains a number of provisions to prevent vehicle manufacturers, dealers and others from unjustly denying warranty coverage. With regard to aftermarket parts, the spirit of the law is that warranty coverage cannot be denied simply because such parts are present on the vehicle, or have been used (see Attachment A).The warranty coverage can be denied only if the aftermarket part caused the malfunction or damage for which warranty coverage is sought. Disputes in this area usually boil down to arguments over facts and technical opinions, rather than arguments over interpretations of the law.

GrimmJeeper said:

The warranty coverage can be denied only if the aftermarket part caused the malfunction or damage for which warranty coverage is sought.

Here in lies the problem....If the dealer says your tranny burned up because of extra stress from the big tires, how can you prove otherwise?

The "cause" is the issue.

From what I've been told, once the dealer points a finger at your modification and calls it the reason for the problem, its all downhill from there.

Like you, I have never owned a vehicle with warranty....so I only know what I've heard.

JohnX said:
Here in lies the problem....If the dealer says your tranny burned up because of extra stress from the big tires, how can you prove otherwise?

From what I've been told, once the dealer points a finger at your modification and calls it the reason for the problem, its all downhill from there.

Like you, I have never owned a vehicle with warranty....so I only know what I've heard.
yes, while it does leave gray areas, it does outline the fact that by adding after market parts does not simply void your entire vehicle's warranty.

JohnX said:

Well, that does happen quite often actually.

According to the Moss-Magnuson act the DEALER is responsible for the burden of proof in this case. So pretty much your best bet is to just hire a lawyer and go from there.

People have also had very good luck just trying another dealer.

Back