• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ECTED in a D44

techno1154

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I am about to build my D44 for the rear and want to have the ECTED installed. I know someone on the forum installed one a couple of weeks back. What are the pros and cons with this unit? I am sold on the LSD for a DD and a locker for the times when more is needed. I will be regearing for 31's.

dzraces said:
You couldnt pay me to get one

Dito. Electric lockers have not been perfected yet. They either don't lock and slip or they fail all together. It's too bad because it's a great concept.

I put one in my TJ with a 8.8 a couple years back and LOVE IT!!! Back then it was a Daily driver and I removed a lock rite to put it in. HUGE improvement!!

Then... I decided to put one in my MJ with a D44 rear. Got it installed and wired an nuttin'....I mean I throw the switch and nuttin' happens. So I climb back under neath and check the wireing...everything is fine, still nothing.

Two weeks later along with a couple emails and ten or so phone calls and I SHOULD have a replacement on its way to me. Cust service so far has been OK. they are hard to get ahold of. i had to leave MANY messages.
I spoke with them Friday and specfically requested the tech to personally bench test this unit to be sure of funtionality and EXPIDITE shippment to me. He said he did and would. I still have to EAT the couple hundred dollar RE-INSTALL of this unit. I know its only going to be a backlash setting, but its still a couple hours work and its MY BILL. I HATE paying twice for the same thing...especially since its being bad has nothing to do with anything I did.

With luck, I'll get it thursday or friday and I can install this Saturday.

I have never had a hint of a problem for the ECTED in the 8.8 and NOTGHING BUT TROUBLE from the D44 model!!

If youll take advice...BENCH TEST BEFORE install!!! If you get a good one that works YOU WILL LOVE IT!!!

Good luck,
CW

Back