• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cooling issue...

Broke

NAXJA Forum User
Cooling issue...overheating

I looked throught the search and did not find my exact symptoms. I have a 2000 XJ With a tripple core radiator, 180* t-stat, High-flow water pump, and new clutch fan. I replaced all of those items UNDER 1 week ago. I took it to the dealer ship and it is still sitting there wondering what is wrong with it. I told them it is running too hot 220-250deg. range even when it is 70 degrees outside.
The other day It hit its prime #'s at 260 and bubbling the coolient in the resivor. The AUX. fan does kick on at 220deg how it should BUT if i have the A/C on that fan does not kick on. Is it a relay? The stealer ship said it is my AUX fan and my thirmostat sensor, they said it was probally caused by shorting out. I was playing dumb w/ them saying well ok, but then he added it must be from that 180 t-stat. HAHA NO, I have been working on jeeps for a long time and this is a new one for me.
What opinions do y'all have?

Thanks for your time.

Last edited:
T-stat right direction? air hole on t-stat up? I've heard of having to "burp" the block. Test your sensors/senders

there is not a mechanical issue, something electronical. I am trying to figure out if there is simular issues and what caused it to be fixed.

I will hear back from the D-ship and i'll let everyone know.

Back