• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 30 Carrier question: do I have the right one for 4.10s?

fizassist

NAXJA Member #1052
Ok, you could argue this goes in OEM Tech, but how many XJs shipped with 4.10 D30s? I was already to regear the front from 3.55->4.10, but it turns out the 4.10 carrier I had was junk (side gear washer thrashed the inside). Casting number on my 3.55 was C32932. Casting on the junk 4.10 carrier was C32910. I just got another 4.10 carrier, and its casting is somewhat different than than the other one I have (different angles on the non-machined surfaces, some inlets for pullers, etc. The number on this is C753557. The ring gear deck height appears to be the same as the C23910. The 41 tooth ring gear fits well and sits about 3/8" higher (on the tooth side) than the 39 tooth gear does on my 3.55 carrier.

Oh yeah. The question. Will this new carrier (C753557) work? I'm wondering because the seller had some doubt as to whether it was the right one.

Thanks!

funny, 20 people have read the post and not one person has dignified it with a response.
casting #'s don't mean much because its not a DS # typically. The way to figure out if its the right carrier is to measure the ring gear mounting flange. measure the difference from the end of the carrier bearing journal to the ring gear surface. the 3.73/up carrier mounts the ring gear closer to the pinion so you would see like a 1/4" or something (i forget) difference between the 2.

Rawbrown said:
funny, 20 people have read the post and not one person has dignified it with a response.
casting #'s don't mean much because its not a DS # typically. The way to figure out if its the right carrier is to measure the ring gear mounting flange. measure the difference from the end of the carrier bearing journal to the ring gear surface. the 3.73/up carrier mounts the ring gear closer to the pinion so you would see like a 1/4" or something (i forget) difference between the 2.

Thanks!

Back