• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Reverse switch

artsifrtsi

NAXJA Forum User
Holy snot!! The dealer wants $87 for the switch for an AX-15! :tears: WHat other options do I have to get a replacement for mine, if I cannot rebuild the original and get it working?

artsifrtsi said:
Holy snot!! The dealer wants $87 for the switch for an AX-15! :tears: WHat other options do I have to get a replacement for mine, if I cannot rebuild the original and get it working?

I would consider you luckly.

People who own the AW-4, Like me, have to fork out anywhere between $175 to $220 for an NSS a.k.a. a reverse switch.

Sometimes we can get luckly by fixing it ourselves, unfortunelly I was not one of the luck ones.

Ya, when my XJ wouldn't start and spit out a code saying my NSS was bad, I went to the dealer to look at what it would cost, and they said that it would be about $270. Luckily it was only a bad ground that spit out the code.

Oh, the guy also said "Ya, but I've never seen these things go out, they last."

langer1 said:
Add a switch on your dash for backup lights, cheap fix and you can turn them on when ever you need light back there.
I've done this on mine as well. My tail light covers block all back up light from lighting up, so I added some $20 driving lights on the back of mine that I wired to a double rocker switch, so they come on with the reverse and then I switch to battery and they are brighter.

But when I had my problem with my NSS, my Jeep wouldn't start for me to be able to put it in reverse so, I don't know how much that would help.

Back