• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Doorless Mirrors?

I don't think I have any pictures of it, but I just went to Pep Boys and bought a small auxiliary towing mirror, dropped a bolt down through the upper hinge on the frame side, and used a wing nut to tighten it in place. Lets you adjust the mirror to where you want it, and it still will fold in if you hit it on something.

edit: in this pic I had already changed over to a tube door, but I kept the same mirror arrangement - you can sorta see it.

inspect5.jpg

i have a 4 inch round mirror bolted to a 1inch square aluminum tube about 4 inches long, and a bolt with a wingnut and washer to put it on the top hinge.

Starscream said:
XJs don't have removable doors. At all. Ever. Duh.
wishihad1 said:
^^^shut up...xjs didn't come with 35s ever either did they. modification buddy

i think he was pointing out the fact that the kid needs to search, and he will find the pics of the mirrors....or he was saying that the kid has a terrible imagination....or that this should be in the pic showcase forum

-Tim

Starscream said:
XJs don't have removable doors. At all. Ever. Duh.
Dude, dont do that. You get jumped on because you told(kinda) someone to search on topics that have been discused to the ground. :dunce:

That being said. I have a TJ mirror mounted on mine.

AzRick said:
standard.jpg

Euro style vatazone mirror.

2" drywall screws into the dash.

I'm all about the bling.

That is gorgeous. And I mean that with all sincerity.:guitar:

Got any more photos of your cage? I have been doors/hatch/fender/quarterpanel-free for the past month or so. It is a wonderful thing.

Back