• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Driveshaft/SYE combo

MG2000XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I searched and couldnt find much on what I was looking for. I would like a complete parts list for using the front driveshaft as the rear with a sye. I have a 2000 with a np242 so it looks like Ill be going with the RE HnT, the rear is an 8.25. What years can I get the ds from?, what adapters if any would I need? I have the 4.5 superflex kit waiting to go on but Id like to get everything I need before doing it.

You can use the front DS with the H&T but you need to purchase an adapter for the flange. I forget the part number for the adapter but if you do a couple searches you can find it. The adapter runs around $60.

sorry to hijack the thread but i also have been looking into the front shaft/sye combo.from what i've been reaeding and searching for two days is the RE hack and tap dont allow the use of the front driveshaft.i have a 93 with 6.5" of lift and 36"tsl's.anybody have a good write up with the part#'s ?

Here are the part numbers for the adapter. This is all you need to use the front driveshaft with the RE H&T.
Spicer x21229, NAPA old part# PUJ 627, NAPA new part# 2600627
There is tons of info, just search Hack & Tap adapter flange.

ok going with the advanced adapters sye from porc.the adapter from(never any parts available)napa#2600627,and a front shaft from a auto xj or zj is this all i'm needing or am i forgeeting something else thats going to break my wallet

mudrat said:
ok going with the advanced adapters sye from porc.the adapter from(never any parts available)napa#2600627,and a front shaft from a auto xj or zj is this all i'm needing or am i forgeeting something else thats going to break my wallet

If you are going with the PORC or AA, you dont need the adapter. The front DS will bolt right up without it. The adapter is only needed for SYEs that use the flange, PORC and AA use a yoke.

Back