• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

brakes?

Well how hard is it to stop. Rate 1-10 with 1 being stock and 10 being when the jeep is off and you try to apply the brakes when rolling.

What yr jeep? My '91 w/ the 'prone-to-failure' Bendix ABS system takes two feet to stop - with stock tires!! Needless to say, the booster pump is bad and I'm going to switch to a booster from a '96.

bleed them and look for leaks. also remove pads and scuff them to remove all glaze (front and rear) examine entire system for leaks. If all else fails, you have a bad master cylinder.

Does it have power brakes? If so, look to see if your vacuum hose came unhooked at the booster. Could just be that or a cracked and or bad hose or the plastic connector on the end of it (check both ends). Or booster failure. If the brakes need bleeding, then you may have a leaking wheel cylinder or rusted brake line. If they do need bleeding, the pedal should be mushy and low. If it isn't, that's probably not the problem.

I had the ABS in my 89 Limited and I put a M/C and booster out of a 99 Classic. Works great. I read on here a while back. Get the brake pedal from the donor also. I didn't and had to redrill mine. $50.00 from the bone yard.

Back