• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Borla Header for Renix

XJeremy23

NAXJA Forum User
So I am finally sick and tired of listening to the exhaust leak coming from my cracked manifold (and several other locations). I am ready to purchase a new manifold or header and redo the entire exhaust. I already know what my plans are so this is not another thread about what muffler, cat, etc. to use. I want to purchase a Borla header but I am having trouble finding one. It looks like Borla no longer manufactures the Borla Header for 87-90 Cherokee, PN 17010. Does anybody know what the deal is? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

My Jeep buddy bought the Borla header through Quadratech about 6 mounths ago. We are putting a Golen motor in a '90 and a Borla exhaust system. I don't have the part no. but it was listed as being for a manual transmission only. We asked one of the tech guys from Hesco and he told us it would work fine with an automatic. It isnt installed yet, but has been dry fitted and is fine.

BTW it is a BEAUTIFUL piece of work and its a shame to hide it under a hood.

they still manufacture it, (My nephew works for them) I have had one on my '88 for about 7 years now. Other than tightening it up after around 500 miles after install and then again aobut once a year when I go and tighten everything, its held up great. I did the whole thing at once as well. Went 2.5 all the way back, mandrel bent pipe flow 40 exit out in stock location.
Look for your part at Borla.com and you can find you a dealer there too.
good luck.

Thanks guys, yes I am aware of them being listed for a 87-90 w/manual tranny, no problem though since mine is an 89 w/ manual transmission. Borla no longer lists it in their catalog, Summit Racing no longer lists it in their catalog, and 4WD Hardware lists it but after contacting them they said they no longer carry it. I was waiting for replies from Borla, and two distributors when I posted the thread hoping somebody had some info. I have since heard back from Borla and they said it is a discontinued item. I want to say thanks to bigdaddylove for mentioning Quadratec. I had forgotten to check there and a quick call to them verified that it is a discontinued item but they had 3 available. You bet that I ordered one up right away so now there is only 2 available from them.

Back