• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 Door Quarter Panel Armor

merlintocherokee

NAXJA Forum User
Ok guys. I can't seem to readily get my hands on a 2 door Cherokee so here's what I need.

I need some input from you guys as to how you want 2 door armor. Do you want it to go all the way to the door like this

2doormockpanel.JPG

Or stop in front of the wheel wells like this

2door2.JPG

I've had some say that weight could be an issue, some say not. THe panel that goes to the door will weigh in about 50lbs each, thats 100lbs hanging off the back.

Also, what is the generally accepted width of the rear wheel opening when its been cut (from the body line above the rear box)?

I say go all the way to the door. Yeah its a little extra weight but its armor for something that is very vulnerable. As for the openeing its the same as the 4dr guys but we can trim for if we need to.

So I would almost say that making them the same as the 4dr ones w/ the extended panel would be a good idea.

Ray

All the way to the door. Both sides of mine have been tagged just past the door.

Yeah, I'd say all the way to the door. If you're going doorless, it'd be nice to have that "leading edge" protected. The extra material probably weighs only 10lbs per side. I say open up the wheel opening about 2 inches all around.

Looks like a great idea.

Steve

Ronbo said:
All the way to the door. Both sides of mine have been tagged just past the door.

x2

Back