• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Budget Boost

jdurbach

NAXJA Forum User
Budget Boost help please!!!!!

So I got my budget boost done today and on the way back to my house form my buddies garage I started to hear a noise from the driverside front. We did the front yesterday and I wasnt there when I drove home last night. I can only describe it as a metal popping niose like form the coils. I checked everything. The coils are seated right and the clip that hols them down is in place. Im pretty baffled as this niose started after I got off the highway. It happens when I accelerate or hit any bump. Could it be the driveline? Any ideas out there or should I just learn to deal with it?:scared:

Last edited:
Kinda depends on what all you removed to do it. As with any suspension noise start by going through and ensuring that all the bolts are tight. As long as the coil is seated properly your noise shouldn't be coming from there. I would suggest lookin at your sway bar as I wouldn't think that you would have removed any other suspension components to do the install on the front.

Ill try that I got the end links pretty tight though. What else could it be? Its been pretty cold here could that be it or the new parts seating?

Check your control arms. I did a budget boost and have since had a clunk coming from the front end. After listening and being baffled forever, I finally had my friend lay underneath my car while I hit the breaks in reverse (seemed to do the most consistent clunking then) and he saw the lower control arm hitting the mount due to a bad bushing.

Just something to look into.

Check to see that your sway bar links aren't binding up into your coils. Sometimes it gets too close and if your sway bar link bushings are funky it could make a clunk.

Also do a search for bar pin eliminators.

Pinning down the actual location of a noise is sometimes very tough under an XJ. I had the same problem after doing my budget lift and traced the problem to my track-bar. If you had your track-bar disconnected, make sure it is retightened correctly. That's all it took for mine. Good luck.

Back