• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MAX stock susp. tire sizes

bmyohn

NAXJA Forum User
i am looking for a new set of tires for my 2001 XJ Sport...i want to put black cragar soft 8s on and new tires..but i am not sure what size will work.

I dont want to trim a relativly new car and i dont want them to rub

i am looking for a more aggressive tire but something i can still take on the highway every no and then...i guess my question is

• what size tire will fit???

• what brand tire???

• where can i find them and for how much???
thankyou.gif

p.s. i posted this in OEM forum but maybe u guys will know better:read:

I have 30x9.50 BFG allterrains on my stock 1999xj and they fit great no rubbing at all. You can get them for about 130 a piece at discount tire. They are definately worth the few extra bucks.

bmyohn said:
i am looking for a new set of tires for my 2001 XJ Sport...i want to put black cragar soft 8s on and new tires..but i am not sure what size will work.

I dont want to trim a relativly new car and i dont want them to rub

i am looking for a more aggressive tire but something i can still take on the highway every no and then...i guess my question is

• what size tire will fit???

• what brand tire???

• where can i find them and for how much???
thankyou.gif

p.s. i posted this in OEM forum but maybe u guys will know better:read:

1) I'm running 30's on a stock 88 and 89 - articulation is close to shot, but they behave well on pavement and mild trails. BFG AT/KO.

2) In my experience, BFGs and Pirelli Scorpions both do well on-road and fairly well off-road - they're a good multipurpose tyre.

3) Thou Shalt Not Double Post. I deleted the thread in OEM tech (double posting not only wastes bandwidth and server space, but you usually end up missing something anyhow...) and let this one stand, since you're (very technically) talking about a modification.

4) Expect to spend $90-135 each tyre for 30-31" bands (I've run 31's on a stocker - but that was street use only. I'd definitely suggest at least a budget boost for that...)

tire size

as far as metric measurements go, I have 235/75's on my XJ and they are slightly oversized, but do not rub. Mine are Pathfinder A/T's that I got from America's Tire Co, for $92/each. They are a fairly aggressive tread, but they are quiet on the freeway, and handle pretty well. They do awesome in the snow, but they don't shed mud well enough to keep from getting packed. In my opinion it's a great all around tire, and won't throw off your speedometer by that much. Good Hunting.

Well, If those cragars aren't 7" wide, or if they're not the same offset as stock, your tires will rub under articulation. And if they stick out far enough, they'll rub when you steer, too.

I agree with what TRSCobra said. My 92 rubbed on the street with 30x9.5's with 8" wide cragar soft 8's (4" bs I believe). they don't rub with my 3" inch lift though:)

i have 31x10.50x15r on my stock suspention xj. the wheels are american racing vortecs 15x7 and the only rubbing i have is on the horn that is mounted inside the fender well for some reason. is everybody elses horn mounted inside the drivers side fender?

Back