• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ford 9 emergency brake

afd516

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 9 with drums mounted under the rear of my xj and I have not had an e-brake since its install. The e-brake lines that were on the 35 were shot and tossed.

What e-brake lines that will work with my 9?

The stock bronco cables arn't the same size (one long one short). I just bought two of the long ones and clipped them in where the stock xj ones go. However, the long bronco cables don't quit make it to the lever bracket so I legthened it by about 4 inches using a threaded rod, a threaded coupler, and some jam nuts. Works fine, and has plenty of slack for me sitting at 6" with rear leaves.

I have a 98 xj with a 79 9". I got two new xj lines and moved my ebrake junction box back (towards the rear axle) about 6". The lines work fine with the 9" hardware.

My 95 YJ Passenger side e-brake lines worked in both my D35 and the Ford 9...

Ok, thanks guys. I tried a search and did not come up with much. I will probably hit the yard tomorrow and see what I can come up with. I have heard of the yj passenger lines doing the trick but wasn't for sure.

they can be had cheap. IIRC i got two from napa for like 15 a pop. yj pass lines. junkyard lines are probably junk

Back