• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

motor swap and t case ?

D53

NAXJA Forum User
So I have done some searching and asked around but no answers yet, I recently picked up a 84 XJ with the 2.5, AX-5 5 speed and NP207. In a 2 doorbody. ( yes I did have an account by the name Geepxj, but I unfortuanly lost most of the info on that account and no longer have the email address)
What I am looking to swap over my HP D44 and Eaton 14 bolt, both locked and geared over into this rig but I know the 4 banger would have a hell of a time dragging those diffs around, I would also be running my 38s on H1 wheels recentered which will add a little more weight. I was wondering if anyone has any info or a link to any info on swapping in a 4.0 I6 which I know would need firewall fabrication and extending the front grill out. Or what other swaps are out there other then the 4.3 v6 out of a S10 blazer.
I really just want to get rid of the 21 spline NP207 and the 4 banger even though I have heard nothing but good stuff on the 2.5 . And my last question is for all those running the NP207 what do they do to modify the front driveshaft from that solid rod ruinning from the t case to the front axle with what looks like no slip? Thanks for any and all help.

Back