• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Owner of a 1991 Jeep Cherokee Laredo

i<3jeep

NAXJA Forum User
=D It's been finalized by the seller and will be making the transaction tomorrow! WOO!!! I've wanted one for so long and I've finally found the closest to perfect one that I wanted. So many plans for this jeep!! Well, I just wanted to express my happiness and hopefully I'll be able to meet some of you members one day when my rig is trail ready. =)

i<3jeep said:
=D I just wanted to express my happiness and hopefully I'll be able to meet some of you members one day when my rig is trail ready. =)

WELCOME!!

Happiness ends after you do a lift, wheel it and then see that you wished you'd gone bigger..... LOL :repair:

Meet some of you.... You will change your mind after meeting a few of these guys....:anon:

Trail ready.... all you need is decent tires and tow points fron and rear, the rest will come in time....:cheers:

rpraterxj said:
all you need is decent tires and tow points front and rear
You don't even need that much... :) I've run the Mojave road twice now in a stock 4x4 Suburban, and the first time I didn't even have tow points in the rear...

Hildy,
who's been bitten by the bug, but can't afford it yet...

i think i'm going to first do a bunch of maintenance first before i start taking it out on the trails. what should my first real mod should be? i was thinking of building me a spare tire mount that swings off the back. after that i'm not sure what else to do. everyone tells me to just slap on 30's for now and worry about the rest later. lol do 30's even fit on the stock rim and height?

i<3jeep said:
i think i'm going to first do a bunch of maintenance first before i start taking it out on the trails. what should my first real mod should be? i was thinking of building me a spare tire mount that swings off the back. after that i'm not sure what else to do. everyone tells me to just slap on 30's for now and worry about the rest later. lol do 30's even fit on the stock rim and height?

I would recommend to come to a few meet and greets, go on a run (maybe ride with someone), and learn about your Jeep. Then decide where you want to start. First thing, driveability! DO all needed maintenance items, change fluids, belts, brakes, etc...

second - armor and tow points - rock rails, gas tank skid

then lift, tires, gears.... then tire carrier.... and bumpers

Back