• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Terra Del Sol (TDS) anyone NAXJA ever go?

RWKHausSupply

NAXJA Forum User
well TDS is coming up again this yr (first weekend in march every year) for those that didnt know. I enjoy this event and have been going for about 6 yrs now and dont ever recall anyone mentioning it or posting pictures or such of it here on NAXJA.

Just curious if anyone ever goes? Last yr I did see the mysterious MJR as we were all be tested for starvation evaluation timing. But have Yet to see anything on here about it this yr?

4xSanta and I will be there.

Here is a pick of our starting lineup from last years TDS. We will have all these plus the XJ and a single cab yota.
DSCN1436.jpg

here is our camp from the ultralight view, were in the motorhome down there. Taken during the Sunday scramble to leave, notice the traffic jam on the Dirt HWY.
HPIM1060.jpg

Im not gonna do any of the scheduled runs, but we will probably do some of our own exploring and when we cant break our junk on the trail we will head over to the "notches" to join in the madness.
DSCN1427.jpg

DSCN1426.jpg

IM000696.jpg

I've been there the last couple of years.
I won't miss it now!
Too much fun making the shorties look bad with our grocery getters. :D
Maybe we can have a NAXJA camp site and a nice:flame: .
I need to check my calender...ITS GETTING FULL!!:laugh3:
Rick

I plan on going. Went for the first time last year.

It's been mention for the past few years....... I usually see several NAXJA members out there...... lots of XJs.
I might rent a M.H. this year.... stay till Mon. A.M. then drive 45 mins. home..... to turn it in.
If not, my drive way is less then an hour away.:sunshine:

Curt

The gnome and I typically avoid TDS, but if the right friends head out and camp together, I might be talked into showing up, but I think the gnome is anti. I have a strong appriciation for a big fire and cold beer, and TDS typically has a lot of both.

I am planning to be there with the Inland Jeep Freaks, maybe we can hook up and do some runs together. I registered last year but did not participate in any of the scheduled runs. I be too po' this year to register but there will still be a buncha good wheelin'. I'll be tenting it, but I plan to bring lotsa firewood. White man fire good!

well I will be renting a motorhome (at 320 for 4 days for thier largest one hard to pass up) and a small group of us will be there from fri noonerish till about 8am monday.

Me and the wife are planning on rolling out for this event. Had a blast out there this past weekend.

The fenders got trimmed today and more bumpstops are on the way for this week. I'll be even more ready to conquer the tangles of Truckhaven on the next go round!!!:guitar:

Late,
Coullt

Looks like TDS is moving to Ocotillo Wells

The Latest on Truckhaven

Because of complications (ETC) the Safari had to be moved to the Ocotillo Wells SVRA

A PERMIT HAS BEEN APPROVED FOR THE SAFARI TO TAKE PLACE AT OCOTILLO WELLS SVRA MARCH 2-4

CAMPSITE: NOTE: New Location!! Located on Main Street and Hwy 78 in Ocotillo Wells State Vehicular Recreation Area.
There’s lots of room and easy access for campers, motorhomes, and trailers. Please observe the signs. Bring your own firewood and
drinking water. Additional supplies are available nearby in Ocotillo Wells. Coin-operated showers are available near the SVRA Ranger
Station.
FRIDAY: Registration STARTS at 12:00 pm, Closes at 10 pm. Safety Check and Registration location is at TDS Safari Site.
SATURDAY: Registration reopens at 6:30 am. Run will leave from campsite, promptly at 8 am for a trip in Sandy Washes,
Rocky Canyons and Scenic Ridges of the best 4-Wheelin’ in Ocotillo Wells. Easier routes are marked “Green” to by-pass some of the
harder/steeper trails. Radio Check Points throughout the run are on Official Use Only CB Channel 14 (Please!).
SUNDAY: Trips start at 9 am. The Sunday Rough Run will provide some of the best 4-wheelin’ of the weekend. The trail will
not be marked. It will be a follow the leader run, so be sure to watch out for the vehicle behind you.
NOTE:
Due to construction, Hwy 78 east of S2 will be limited to one-way traffic until 4 p.m. Both lanes will be open on the weekend.

I have been working on 'building' some rock crawling areas near Blow Sand, but there won't be a ton of what people are used to out at Truckhaven. I hope the local businesses are given a heads up on this one. The Iron Door will need a HUGE supply of brew. The Desert Rose as well as the Blue Inn, local eateries, won't be able to handle giant crowds, although the burger joint in Salton City wasn't able to handle the crowds last year either.

The showers are awsome though!! I'm thinking I might park my motor home in the quarry early in the week. A prime camping spot!!
Anyway, I wouldn't exspect as big of crowds this year....

Rick

Jump This said:
I'm thinking I might park my motor home in the quarry early in the week. A prime camping spot!!
Anyway, I wouldn't exspect as big of crowds this year....

Hmmmmm....

Those are the two best reasons to make the journey this year.

I will be there but not sure on where to camp,where is this spot you are talking about Rick? Not sure if I will have my new motor home at that time I am selling the one I have at this time so will probly camp out.If Remi comes me and three others will be happy to spot for him all at the same time!

Back