• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

EGR Valve Vacuum Tranducer

imma honky

NAXJA Forum User
Can someone with a 90' compatible jeep go and pop their hood and trace some vac lines for me? I am looking at my FSM and it looks like it is either hooked up wrong or missing a hose somewhere. There are 3 inlets on the device in the shape of a T. Mine is hooked straight though the top tow inlets to the EGR valve, without ANY hose on the bottom part. Can someone confirm/deny this setup so I canmove on to check other things?
TIA!

imma honky said:
Can someone with a 90' compatible jeep go and pop their hood and trace some vac lines for me? I am looking at my FSM and it looks like it is either hooked up wrong or missing a hose somewhere. There are 3 inlets on the device in the shape of a T. Mine is hooked straight though the top tow inlets to the EGR valve, without ANY hose on the bottom part. Can someone confirm/deny this setup so I canmove on to check other things?
TIA!

2 vacuum lines and a vent port sounds normal to me.

Bryan C. said:
2 vacuum lines and a vent port sounds normal to me.
K, so nothing on the bottom vent port then? The pic in the FSM is crappy and it "looks" like a hose coming off of the bottm part.

oowhtra said:
hose on bottom connects to exhaust manifold. transducer works off of backpressure.
? Where is this connection at? I don't see a hose/pipe hanging anywhere. And I don't remember seeing any extra connection on my other exhaust manifold when I pull it (but I really never paid TOO much attention).
Did you physically look at this connection?

oowhtra said:
hose on bottom connects to exhaust manifold. transducer works off of backpressure.

:doh:

I thought it said solenoid.

Umm, yeah there is a small metal tube that comes off of the bottom of the EGR valve and connects to the bottom port of the trasnducer.

Well that just goes to show you the difference between free advice, and good adive. :greensmok

Bryan C. said:
:doh:

I thought it said solenoid.

Umm, yeah there is a small metal tube that comes off of the bottom of the EGR valve and connects to the bottom port of the trasnducer.

Well that just goes to show you the difference between free advice, and good adive. :greensmok
....dangit. I will have to search for it tomorrow as it's too dark now. Is it hose, solid plastic, or metal? Helps me narrow down if it's dangling or completely missing.

If you look on your firewall you will see a schematic of the vacuum hoses. The connections will be shown on that schematic.

i have an 88 xj as far as i know the set up is the same. i just went out to confirm what i said. the bottom port has a metal line from the black disc lookin thing to the back of the egr valve. in other words between the manifold and valve housing. ive been dealing with egr problem for weeks now so ive seen it

oowhtra said:
i have an 88 xj as far as i know the set up is the same. i just went out to confirm what i said. the bottom port has a metal line from the black disc lookin thing to the back of the egr valve. in other words between the manifold and valve housing. ive been dealing with egr problem for weeks now so ive seen it
K, just wanted a visual confirmation.
2077396EGR.JPG

Sorry for crappy pic. Made it in paint in like 15 secs.

oowhtra said:
now your getting the picture
Thank ya much! Will look for it tomorrow. Amongst all the other crap I need to do before it rains!

Back