• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

t-stat qu$xtion

awglx

NAXJA Forum User
t-stat question

hey guys im doing the thermostat in a 2000 4.0l today and I have read that you have to install with the hole at 12 oclock. All they had was superstat and I dont see any hole. I tried searching but cant find answers. Any guidance would be great, thanks

Re: t-stat question

awglx said:
hey guys im doing the thermostat in a 2000 4.0l today and I have read that you have to install with the hole at 12 oclock. All they had was superstat and I dont see any hole. I tried searching but cant find answers. Any guidance would be great, thanks
It may be like a gold pin type deal that moves back and forth in a hole. If it doesn't have one at all I would go back and get one with that because that helps a lot with the bleeding process.
My .02
-Collin

Look at the one you take out and drill the same sized hole in the new one.. 1/32nd maybe....

RichP said:
Look at the one you take out and drill the same sized hole in the new one.. 1/32nd maybe....
5-90 actually suggests drilling one at 6 o'clock and one at 12 o'clock IIRC. I know I did that on my Renix's closed system when I had it, and that made it self bleeding which was very nice.

isnt the hole at 12 for purposes of self bleeding?

A mechanic installed the t stat thats in it right now and ever since it has cold heat in the winter and overheats in the summer so I dont know if its installed backwards or doesnt have a hole. I dont know untill I get in there in a little while.

Thanks guys

Back