• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mid week Big Bear wheeling??

rpraterxj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey gang,

I am going up to Big Bear on Thursday to wheel with a buddy from AZ. Just wanted to see if anyone wanted to join. I just saw the news and they are expecting 4 to 6 inches of snow on Wed.

My buddy runs full size Jeeps on 35's! I am running 33's. We are both locked so we would want you to be prepared. Defintely will need tow points front AND rear, full size spare, and lockers.

Depending on the weather (snow), we will probably run Gold Mountain and John Bull. We will know more on Thursday morning.

If it does snow, then CHP will probably require chains, at least carried.

AS usual, bring warm clothes, food, and water. I also pack a full size shovel and an extra blanket... just in case.

Any interest?

I might be up for that, if you don't mind me being in a Toyota (my XJ isn't quite ready for that). We were up there Sataurday and ran up the north side of Gold Mountain and part of the east side of John Bull. We would have run the whole trail but, we were there to just play in the snow as there, were some less capable vehicles along---------Hans

Back