• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AC Hoses.....

Zoro

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking to re-do the AC system in my 1990 XJ it's R12 but I have the refrigerant so I'm not worried about that. The one hose on my XJ that's broken is the one that goes from the box in the firewall to the evap canister under the ac compressor, right were it makes the one tight turn by the passenger side fender the hose opened up and it's a common occurance on other XJ's of the same year range from what I've seen.

So where the heck do I get new hoses for my AC system other than thru the stealership?

Thanks

go to a goodyear dealer,not the tire ppl, they have all the pieces and part to build a custom one to eliminate the trouble spots or they can repair your old one
ive found this is not only the better way to go but the cheaper

it doesnt have to be a goodyear dealer but ant hyd shop has what you need

reliablestv said:
go to a goodyear dealer,not the tire ppl, they have all the pieces and part to build a custom one to eliminate the trouble spots or they can repair your old one
ive found this is not only the better way to go but the cheaper

it doesnt have to be a goodyear dealer but ant hyd shop has what you need
Yeah, I believe some, not all, NAPA stores can make hoses as well. However, anyone should be able to get you a preformed hose.

So is there any reason pretty much all of the 87-92ish 4.0 XJ's w/ac have a broken AV hose right in the same exact spot? Somebody told me dry-rot but it's kinda funny, multiple vehicles same spot...

Back