• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake switch, MAP sensor

heyjpark1

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys...new to the forums, but been reading as much of them as I can and loving every bit of it. Now I have a couple questions, though.

I bought an 89 XJ, 4.0l, BA10/5, NP232, etc. about two months ago. I'm in the process of really going through the thing and giving it the love it needs. Two questions that I can't seem to solve, though. I was checking all the sensors for functionality, and when I pulled the 3 prong connector off the map sensor to check the voltage (KOEO) it had 10 volts...everything I've read says it should be 5 volts. Anyone ever heard of this?

Yesterday I replaced the brake light switch (lights not coming on, you know the story) and after I put the new one in, I can't get the lights to activate when I push on the pedal-no matter how hard I push on the pedal- but when I move the swith around, I can get the lights to activate. There doesn't seem to be an adjustment on the switch, but I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. Help!

Back