• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Damn Track BAR !!

bob mac

NAXJA Forum User
i PUT A 2" lift on my xj, now I cant get the damn trak bar to line up in the hole in on the front axle....WTF????
Cant I use the stock track bar with a measly 2" lift over stock??????

HELP!
Thanks in advance

Bob MAc :flamemad:

Have someone slowly turn the steering wheel for you while you're under there with the bolt... Do the top end first and line up the bottom when the holes cross each other.

ECKSJAY said:
Have someone slowly turn the steering wheel for you while you're under there with the bolt... Do the top end first and line up the bottom when the holes cross each other.

ECKSJAY,
I gotta say man I LOVE YOUR SIG LINE!!!

Bob Mac,
That is THE way to line up the Track bar!!! Sometimes the simplest things elude us!!!

Good luck,
CW

But make sure when installed the axle is centered under the Jeep. Measure how far the center of the tread is from the frame rail on each side. You may need to buy an adjustable track bar, or, do like a lot of people do, re-drill the axle-mount hole more towards the center of the axle.

xjbubba said:
But make sure when installed the axle is centered under the Jeep. Measure how far the center of the tread is from the frame rail on each side. You may need to buy an adjustable track bar, or, do like a lot of people do, re-drill the axle-mount hole more towards the center of the axle.

Unless this thing was way out of whack to begin with, this will be unnecessary with a 2". Trying not to scare the guy. ;)

Back