• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MORE bombproof block mounts

Skullver

Still Flailing
well here is a sneak peak at the MORE bombproof block mount system those guys were nice enough to send me, they should be available very soon. there is a big problem in the Jeepspeed circuit with block mount hardware being sheared off in the block, so I read about this in a mag and decided to check into it. The mounting holes in the block go from 3 per side to 7 per side, doesn't look like a problem anymore. It did interfere with my borla style knock-off header, but I am working around this issue, for now back to the stock header. Will update as progress continues but there is no way I am putting those stock block mounts on after seeing these. Came with all new hardware. And no, those aren't pits in the welds in the first pic, that is leftover scale.
DSCN0872.jpg

passenger side
DSCN0923.jpg

driver side

DSCN0925.jpg

DSCN0926.jpg

Last edited:
Skullvarian said:
there is a big problem in the Jeepspeed circuit with block mount hardware being sheared off in the block

I had this same exact thing happen to me. 3 times!!!! and that was from just normal street driving. I bought there bombproof motor mounts and havn't had a prolem since. The engine seems to vibrate the jeep a little, I think they have come out with new versions that fixed that. But I would take a little vibration over 3 broken bolts in the block any day.

I Agree X3

T+J's are about $250. They do have a core for your used ones though.
This is because there were changes made in the stock brackets and the make theirs from the stock pieces.

BIGGOZONGAS.jpg

The T&J & MORE bolt straight to the block without the need to drill and tap anything right? I sure hope so. They look nice and beefy. I have the MORE Bomb Proof mounts before they apparently called these Bomb Proof. :confused1

I don't do jumps with my Jeep so I think I should be o.k. with what I have.

It's great to see all this stuff come out for our beloved XJ/MJs. :)

Big Red said:
The T&J & MORE bolt straight to the block without the need to drill and tap anything right? I sure hope so. They look nice and beefy. I have the MORE Bomb Proof mounts before they apparently called these Bomb Proof. :confused1

I don't do jumps with my Jeep so I think I should be o.k. with what I have.

It's great to see all this stuff come out for our beloved XJ/MJs. :)
The MORE system uses existing tapped holes in the block, there is no drilling, it comes will all new hardware, although you should run a bottoming tap through the holes that were unused to ream all the grime/paint out of them, 3/8-16, and 125mm-1.25mm are the two taps you will need to clean these out. It was a real nice/tight fit, just how I like 'em.

Skullvarian said:
The MORE system uses existing tapped holes in the block, there is no drilling, it comes will all new hardware, although you should run a bottoming tap through the holes that were unused to ream all the grime/paint out of them, 3/8-16, and 125mm-1.25mm are the two taps you will need to clean these out. It was a real nice/tight fit, just how I like 'em.

I wonder how much of a pain it would be to put those mounts in with the block still installed..................

-Mike

Mike L said:
I wonder how much of a pain it would be to put those mounts in with the block still installed..................

-Mike
Probably quite a pain, at least you will have to only do it once:)

Skullvarian said:
It did interfere with my borla style knock-off header, but I am working around this issue, for now back to the stock header. I just got a Clifford Header a few days ago. I would be happy to take some pics to see if you think it might have a shot at more clearance than your Borla. :)

Last edited:
pottenger said:
Skullvarian said:
It did interfere with my borla style knock-off header, but I am working around this issue, for now back to the stock header. I just got a Clifford Header a few days ago. I would be happy to take some pics to see if you think it might have a shot at more clearance than your Borla. :)
that would be cool, thanks for the offer, may help out. They are now available through the MORE website, looks like $240 a set. Definiteley not a bad price for what you get. Here is a pic of the stock header/mount clearance.
Chris

DSCN0937.jpg

Last edited:
Skullvarian said:
pottenger said:
that would be cool, thanks for the offer, may help out. They are now available through the MORE website, looks like $240 a set. Definiteley not a bad price for what you get. Here is a pic of the stock header/mount clearance.
Chris

DSCN0937.jpg

If you have the block mounts, I would have figured you would at least have their motor mounts as well :shocked:

-Mike

Mike L said:
Skullvarian said:
If you have the block mounts, I would have figured you would at least have their motor mounts as well :shocked:

-Mike
Yup, got the torsion rubber, we are doing some other "stuff" to the unirail side mounts so the pics are from the original fitment only, don't want to destroy the new mounts with all the uninstalling/reinstalling. This is like the fourth time we have pulled the motor in the past few weeks.

Any word if they offer a similar mount for 97+XJ or would the current ones fit all years/blocks?

Has any body heard of the drivers side having a problem with block seporation, I am using just the pasanger side made at T&J's and I far as I have heard this is the only side with that problem, the drivers side just always wears out the rubber joint.

Back